48|Interview

ARTICLE
VANITY FAIR LONDON

ALAIA MATTHEWS THE TWENTY FIVE YEAR OLD ON HOW JOINING THE MARVEL CINEMATIC UNIVERSE HAS CHANGED HER LIFE

We dive into how her life as she offers fun facts about her, we find out about her favourite songs, guilty pleasures and favourite quotes!

( to find out more click here )

INTERVIEWER: Hi! We're so excited to have you here for Vanity Fair London! How are you feeling today?

ALAIA: Hi, thank you so much for having me it's such a pleasure! I'm doing great how are you?

INTERVIEWER: I'm also doing great thank you! Now getting started with the interview, it must of definitely been a huge change in your life when you got cast in the MCU, can you tell us how that affect your life?

ALAIA: Well, I had gone through quite an extensive audition process and honestly didn't think I'd get it, once I got the call back I'd gotten it I honestly screamed [chuckles] It was definitely frightening because my whole life was going to change, i'm sure we all know how big the MCU is. Joining it as a new member was nerve wracking because i've never had this much attention on me

INTERVIEWER: But ultimately it's changed your life for the better right?

ALAIA: Oh 100% it's definitely the best decision i've ever made! It's given me so much and the film hasn't even come out yet!

INTERVIEWER: Do you think that your portrayal of Wanda's character will become a constant in the MCU moving forward?

ALAIA: Honestly, I'm not too sure but I would love to continue playing her. I've really connected with her character and really made her my own you know? So, if Marvel want me in any other movies I'm 100% down

INTERVIEWER: Can you tell us any details about Avengers: Age of Ultron?

ALAIA: Um nope I definitely can't! [chuckles] but what I can say is that everyone is definitely going to love it!

INTERVIEWER: Social media has been going crazy since your recent announcement about your relationship with Chris Evans, can I just say I love you two together!

ALAIA: Awh, thank you so much ahaha!

INTERVIEWER: How did your relationship with Evans occur? We're all dying to know

ALAIA: We became really close on set, I'd always be hanging out with him or Scarlett in between takes so I guess it kinda just blossomed from there. I really connected with him and I got to know him on such a personal level that I began falling for him

INTERVIEWER: How long have you been together?

ALAIA: Not that long ahaha! We're nearing two months now

INTERVIEWER: Well, the internet loves you two! Now we're going to be asking you a series of random questions for fans to get to know you better, you ready?

ALAIA: Ready!

INTERVIEWER: Who's the loudest on set?

ALAIA: Literally everyone we all act like 12 year olds, but I'd have to say RDJ and Anthony Mackie, although Hemsworth is up there!

INTERVIEWER: What is your favourite food?

ALAIA: Pasta duh!

INTERVIEWER: What is your favourite song at the moment?

ALAIA: Hmm, I'm really old school so at the moment I'd say I've listening to a lot of Green Day

INTERVIEWER: What is your favourite inspirational quote?

ALAIA: I'd say it's "dream big, work hard, make it happen"

INTERVIEWER: Last two questions now, guilty pleasures?

ALAIA: I'm weak for reality television like 90 day fiancé, I freaking love that show!

INTERVIEWER: Okay last question, if you had to pick one place to live for the rest of life what would it be?

ALAIA: Hmm that's a tough one because I've seen so many beautiful places, but maybe Italy or something crazy like Japan!

INTERVIEWER: And that's all the questions! Thank you so much for being here today Alaia! We loved every bit of the interview!

ALAIA: It was my pleasure, thank you for having me! I hope to be back again soon!

✧∗✧∗✧∗✧∗✧∗✧

a/n: getting to know alaia a lil bit!