Prinxiety- I'm sorry...

Prompt: After Virgil told Thomas that he was one of the others, he couldn't help but feel hated and disappointed in himself. Virgil refused to go out of his room for the next few days, refusing to show his face in front of the others, until he does come out, to which Roman stays there for him.

TW: Self-harm, Blood

~~~~~~

Virgil laid on his bed, wearing his old hoodie and feeling unworthy of wearing the other. His face was stained from tear marks and his eyeshadow. Loud thoughts filled his head, he wanted them to stop. He wanted everything to stop. He slowly got up, his thin figure making him weak.

He hasn't eaten the past few days. His body refused to take in any food.  He opened his drawer, grabbing a small blade that he kept hidden. Virgil took in a deep breath before rolling his sleeves up, revealing his scars. He placed the blade on his skin, shivering slightly from the cold metal.

He let the metal cut through his skin as he felt the warm blood run down his arm. He lifted the razor and cut again. He did it for a couple of more times until he felt satisfied with the cuts and blood.

Virgil got up, cleaning the blade so that it wouldn't rust. He waited a bit before cleaning up his arm. He made his way towards the bedroom door, listening carefully to make sure no one was there.

He carefully opened up his door, in hopes that it wouldn't squeak. Sadly, his hopes were ruined when it made a loud squeak. "Virgil? Is that you?" A familiar Disney loving side shouted, making his way towards him from downstairs.

Virgil froze before slamming his door shut and locking it once more. "Virgil?" Roman called from the other side of the door. Virgil placed his hands over his mouth to keep him from making any sound. He slid down his door, as sadness overtook him.

"Please open the door.. or at least say something..?" Roman's voice faltered at the end as he placed his forehead on the door. "G-Go away..!" Virgil shouted out weakly, cursing himself for sounding weak. "I'm not leaving! Let me in and let me help you!" Roman pleaded.

Virgil went silent again as tears threatened to spill again. Roman continued to try to talk to Virgil with most attempts failing miserably. Roman slid down Virgil's door, feeling exhausted. "Roman..?" Virgil called out through the door. "Yes Virgil?" "Can you.. promise me something?"

Roman nodded, "What is it Virgil?" Roman asked, looking at the door. "Promise me that you won't get mad.." "I promise." Roman replied. Virgil got up taking a deep breath as he slowly opened up his door.

Roman quickly stood up, taking a peek into the room, seeing that it was a mess. His eyes soon landed on Virgil who stood before him. He looked exhausted, almost as if he was about to pass out. He was very thin, which worried Roman more.

"Virgil. When was the last time you have eaten?" Roman facial expression became serious. Virgil looked away, staying silent. "Virgil. Answer me." They stood there for a moment before Virgil spoke. "Five days ago.."

"Alright, you're going to eat now and you can't talk me out of it." Roman quickly swept Virgil off his feet, carrying him towards the kitchen. "Let me go Roman!" Virgil screeched, hurting his throat slightly.

"No can do my emo nightmare" Roman smiled slightly as he placed Virgil on the kitchen table, rushing into the kitchen to find something suitable for him to eat. Roman found some leftover pasta and heated it up.

Roman hummed to himself looking back at Virgil, frowning. A heavy sigh escaped his lips, remembering back when he overheard Virgil telling Thomas that he used to be one of them.

If he's being honest, he wanted to hate Virgil for being one of the dark sides. Though, he wasn't able to bring himself to hate him. He couldn't hate him. Roman soon took out the pasta as soon as it finished heating up, placing it in front of Virgil. "Heres some pasta, try to eat as much as can.." Roman spoke as he noticed Virgil's uneasy expression as he looked at the food.

Virgil hesitantly nodded as he started eating the food. Roman sat across from Virgil watching him intently as he ate. After a while, Virgil stopped. A feeling of pain and slight satisfaction filled his stomach. "There, I'm done eating." Virgil stared down at the plate. Roman nodded before getting up to carry Virgil again.

This time, Virgil didn't complain out loud. Roman placed him on the couch, grabbing a few blankets. "What movie do you want to watch?" Roman asked Virgil. "Big Hero 6... please?" Roman nodded as he put on the movie.

 After a while, Virgil fell asleep, leaning his body against Roman's chest. Roman smiled softly as he wrapped his arms around the males figure. Both were covered by the blankets that Roman brought earlier. "I love you Virgil..." Roman whispered, not noticing the younger male tense slightly.

"Do you really love me Roman..? Or are you just lying?" Virgil's face darkened as he pushed himself off of Roman. "I'm being honest Virge, I really do love you and it hurts me deeply seeing you harm yourself."

Virgil froze, shocked and surprised. He didn't really expect an answer. Especially the answer that he was given. "Virgil?" Roman carefully lifted his hand, waving it in front of Virgil's face.

"Why? Why me princey?" Virgil looked up at Roman, tears picking at his eyes. He didn't want it to be some sick joke. He didn't want it to be a lie.

He wanted it to be the truth.

That he loved him too.

He didn't want it being his mind playing tricks on him again.

"I love you Virgil. You are beautiful, even if you don't see it in yourself. You are amazing," Roman looked at Virgil with caring eyes "You mean a lot to me." Virgil smiled softly, pulling his sleeves down.

He opened his mouth, but no words cane out. He was left speechless, even more so when he saw Roman leaning in. His heart pumping as blood rushed to his face. Soon he was pulled into a kiss.

Soft and tender. It calmed Virgil, as he let his body relax and melt into the kiss. The two stopped when they noticed a flash and a giggling Patton.

Virgil covered his face in his sleeves as his face turned a bright red. "Nice to see you out of your room, kiddo!" Patton smiled before skipping away. Roman chuckled as he pulled Virgil close.

"I love you my emo nightmare." Roman kissed Virgil's forehead, smiling like a child.

"I love you too Ro." Virgil smiled slightly while pulling his sleeves down more. He didn't want to worry the creative side.