Discovery

*the next day*

Patrick heard a few soft knocks at his door. He peeked around the corner of his apartment, looking down the small hallway.

"It's open." He announced.

The door opened and in walks Vera, she made sure to lock the door behind her. She approaches Patrick's bedroom. Patrick was hunched over, smoking a cigarette. Vera slipped her blue lace dress over her head and sat down on the opposite side of the bed from Patrick. Vera had brought a zip lock bag and folded her dress nicely, sliding it into the bag. She wanted to make sure her clothes didn't smell of smoke since her and Renn did not smoke often.

Patrick put out his cigarette and also began removing his clothes, laying down on the bed while Vera finishes up.

After they got situated and Patrick was on top of Vera, he started to enter himself into Vera. He could tell from her body language that she was not comfortable.

"Does it hurt?" He asked politely.

Vera sighs, "just keep going."

Patrick attempted to place a kiss in the crook of Vera's neck.

Pulling away, "no...no, just keep going." She distressed.

*moments later*

Patrick came out of his bathroom, buttoning up his white shirt. He looks up to find Vera fully exposed and asleep on his bed.

Patrick sighs and covers her up with a blanket and let's her sleep.

Suddenly Vera's eyes opened, she realized she was still at Patrick's apartment. She jumped up in a rush. She noticed Patrick in his kitchen making hot tea.

"How long have I been sleeping?" She panicked.

"Don't worry, only 10 minutes...I didn't want to wake you because of the rain."  He walks into the bedroom.

Vera quickly dresses herself.

"You must of been tired?" He hands her a cup of tea.

"I haven't been sleeping well lately." Vera takes the cup from Patrick. "Thank you."

"Yep."  Patrick sits down, "Do you mind if I eat, I don't have much time."

Vera nodds her head as she scrambles around for her things.

"What is your name, I don't know your name." Patrick asks.

"Vera." She softly says.

"Vera? Vera what?" He insisted.

Vera just looks around, trying to avoid the question.

"I'm Patrick...Patrick Wilson."

"I know." She looks at him.

"Really? How do you know?." Patrick asks.

"I saw you at the clinic."

"Oh right." Patrick looks down than back up, "you lived in New York long?"

"You should get a new blanket."

"What do you mean." Patrick stands up and walks over to the bed.

"They're uh...starting to peel, do you know what that is?" She says as she runs her hand over the blanket. "It's probably the fabric, because it's thin it starts to- you should buy cotten." She looks up and smirks.

"Okay, what about the pattern? You have a certain type you like?" He says interested.

Vera shakes her head no.

"That painting of the beach." Vera pauses, "Is that where your from?"

"No, that's from a travel magazine, I'm from Florida."

"Do you miss it." Vera asks.

"No, can't miss somewhere that I felt I didn't belong..."it will be better once my girlfriend comes here."

"Is that the girl in the picture." Vera looks over at the night stand with a photo of a girl, "she is very beautiful."

Patrick sits down without saying anything.

"Well thank you for the tea." She hands patrick the cup.

Vera grabs her things and leaves but soon after leaving Patrick hears another knock at the door. He walks over and opens it to find Vera.

"I'm sorry but I forgot to pay you." She hands him the money.

Patrick takes the money, Vera smiles and leaves. Patrick closes the door behind him and stares at the money in his hand.

*Sunday morning*

Vera zipped up the back of her dress and flatten out any wrinkles.

She began examining her face in the mirror to notice if she looked any different

"Vera" Renn called out.

"Hm?"

"What happened to that grey jacket" He asked, shuffling around in his closet.

"Oh um..well I dropped it off at the cleaners." She looked at him.

"Let's pick it up on the way to church." Renn left the room.

-

They arrived at the cleaners.

"Is there a parking lot?" Renn asked.

"Uh no." She shook her head. "You know what I'll go." The words rushed out her mouth.

"No I'll go." Renn unbuckles his seat belt.

"Okay." She mumbles.

Watching Renn get out of the car, she sits there quietly but anxious.

Renn walks into the building.

"Goodmorning." A worker said.

"Morning." Renn responded.

"What can I do for you?"

"My wife left my jacket here." He hands the man behind the counter a slip of paper.

He takes the paper and finds the appropriate jacket.

"It's been here awhile." He calls out as he searches for the jacket.

In the back was Patrick, steaming some clothes.

The man grabs the jacket and goes back to the counter.

"Twenty dollars."

"Sure." Renn hands him the cash.

Patrick looks up once he hears Renn's voice.

"Come back anytime."

Renn walks out of the store.

Patrick's eyes follow the man who got inside the black vehicle and he notices Vera sitting in the passenger seat.

Vera leans into Renn and plants a kiss on his cheek.