03

December, 1927
New York

Calliope returned to the tension filled kitchen. It seemed everyone was on edge, all with their own reasons to be. Well, everyone aside from Queenie, upbeat and perky as ever.

A nice Strudel was placed on the dining table, everyone aside from Calliope having taken their seats, even Newt, who had been so keen to leave only minutes ago. His plan had been foiled by the Legillimens to the right him though.

Wrapping her arms around her waist, now covered in a dressing gown, Calliope took the only avaliable seat remaining. And as though fate simply hated her, it was on Newt's left, sandwiching the Hufflepuff between Tina and Newt.

She did her best to keep her mind blank when it came to thoughts of the man, not in the mood to do any explaining on the twos relationship. Or lack there of. Really, Calliope had no clue what to call them. Once, perhaps they may have been friends, but that was before he completely dropped off the grid with his owls, never taking the time to respond to the ones she sent him.

Thankfully, Queenie was quite occupied with the Muggle across from her, dotting over him to the point that Calliope was able to steal glances at the shy man with no trouble.

It seemed Newt had the same thought as he was doing the same thing with Calliope. Their eyes locked for a moment before both shifted their eyes down to the food on their respective plates.

It seemed the twos thoughts had becoming overwhelming and Queenie shifted her gaze to the two.

"Hey Callie, didn't you have a friend back from Hogwarts named Newt?" Queenie asked the girl, doing nothing to beat around the bush.

The girl in question looked up and glared at the blonde, an innocent smile placed on her pale skin.
Newt also seemed quite uncomfortable at the information, but made no comment, hoping to stay out of the conversation entirely.

"I wouldn't exactly call us friends. He was a student. I was a student. We were in the same house. Your point?" Calliope asked, her tone somewhat harsh. She was much to tired for this.

"Well, how many Newt's do you suppose there are? Least ones that are wizards?" Queenie pressed further, knowing exactly what she was doing.

It was then Tina seemed to understand what Queenie was getting at, no longer needing the ability to read Calliope's mind. Her thoughts were written clearly on her face.

"This is the Newt you always talked about?" She asked, somewhat incredulously.

At that, Calliope flushed lightly. It was embarrassing for that information to come to light.

Newt, however, seemed to take interest in that. "You talked about me after you left?" He asked, the words slipping from his mouth.

"So it is the same Newt!" Tina said, shaking her head in disbelief.

"Change the subject. Now." Calliope warned, her voice leaving little room for argument. The brunette was quite scary when she wanted to be, and it was apparent her mood was taking a turn to that point.

Mr. Kowalski came as Calliope's saving grace, changing the subject drastically, returning Queenie's attention to him.

"This meal, its insanely good! This is what I do, I'm a cook. And this is, like, the greatest meal I have ever had in my life." Jacob told the group.

"Ah you slay me!" Queenie said with a smile and a laugh. "I ain't never really talked to a no-maj before." She told the man, an excited look on her face as she rested her elbow on the table, her chin resting against the heel of her hand.

Unbreakable Vow [n.s.]जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें