Chapter One - Islanders

Eight Years ago,
             "Why was my daughter moved from the room she was in?" Timi Adegeshin asked the Doctor as they stood outside the hospital room where his daughter was sleeping in on an hospital bed.

      "About that sir, Being a child that she is. We believe being cupped up alone in that room wasn't helping her health and we thought having her in a room with at least one other child could help her get well soon" the doctor answered firmly despite the fear she felt for the tall man who stood in front of her.  "So another patient will be brought in tomorrow to join her"
      "And this other patient, what does she have?" He asked her

"He. He doesn't have anything contagious. He is recovering from a tumor extraction surgery." She said. She saw his face change as she made it clear that it was a patient of the opposite gender.

  There are both children there was nothing to worry about she thought but didn't say to him.
     "Okay. Make sure everything goes as planned"  he said to her.

         The next day Marcella woke up and couldn't find Elsa beside her. Despite how weak she felt she still managed to sit up as quickly as she could. "Elsa" she called out. She was in a different room she noticed.

    She turned towards the door and saw another bed beside her. Another kid was in it and the person had Elsa.

  "Give me my doll" she commanded firmly
"I am sorry,I just wanted to play with her for a little while"  the little boy said

        "That is stealing. My Grandma said whenever someone takes something that's not theirs without asking, then they stole it" she said "now give me back my Elsa"

    "I am sorry" he said as he got out of his bed and walked over to her bed and handed the doll over to her.

    She snatched  her teddy bear from him and hugged it to her chest. She sniffed the sweet teddy bear smell before looking at the boy from head to toe.

  "What happened to your head" she asked as she laid back on the hospital bed.
   "Oh this, I had a tumor in my head. So the doctors took it out but I still have one more somewhere here so they will have to take it out too" he said as he pointed at different angles of his head.

    "Don't touch Elsa again" she said before turning away "he doesn't like it"

    He started laughing. She turned towards him
"Elsa is a girl's name" he said as he laughed
"What's your name?" She asked
"Demilade" He answered as he chuckled

"Your name is a girl's name" she said then turned away. He stopped laughing and she smiled.
     When he walked over to his bed, she saw how sad he was. She sat up "I am sorry, I didn't mean it"

    "I know but a lot of my friends back in school made fun of me" he said

"I am sorry, do you want to play with Elsa, he gives big hugs"  she said as she watched his face light up, he came down from his bed and sat next to hers.

     "What's your name?" He asked her
"My name is Marcella" she answered.
"I will call you Marcy" he said

       "Don't call me that I hate it" she said
        They played everyday for the next week, she didn't feel so alone anymore. She was always alone in her former hospital room when Agnes or Diana, her nannies  weren't there.

 They would rotate shifts on watching her. They rarely played with her and when they did it wasn't the same as playing with another child. But now she and Demilade played around the room when either of them wasn't tied up to a machine or drugged up or asleep. 
    Now, every time she woke up after her treatments he was there.