Chapter Thirteen

Marcella was tempted to think about what could have happened between Makayla and Ethan inside that closet but she was more concerned about Mide who was finally calming down and adjusting her hair. Marcella looked over at King who hadn't done much since the incident but look at Mide from afar.

Was he molesting her?

Was he using his power against her?

It wasn't a new thing among the Islanders. They had usually do it from time to time. When she had resumed Islanders high a girl had committed suicide because she couldn't handle the molestation she had to keep up with. 

She had told her parents and they had encouraged her to continue being submissive for the sake of their family. After Grandfather had heard about their previous knowledge about the situation surrounding the incident he had sent them out of the Islanders society but it was something the people still practiced when they had the chance.

She really hoped that wasn't the case with Mide and King. But King's person couldn't make her think otherwise. He had a reputation of a sort that he kept up with.

"I think we should go" Azeezat said from her side
"Yeah we should" she agreed with her.
"No I want to stay" Mide said "if I go home now I will just go and cry myself to sleep"

"Shall we spin again" Makayla asked as if she cared about the answer they gave "Spin"
This time the bottle stopped on Ibrahim and Fredrick.

"Oh my gosh, oh my gosh, it's Ibrahim oh my gosh" Ibrahim said as he mimicked how a girl acted like when she was excited "I dare you to kiss me"

"Hell no!" Ibrahim said "that ain't happening bro"

"Then give me your Ferrari" Fredrick said now in his normal voice
"That's not happening, I just got it" Ibrahim said back "yo! don't do this"

He was starting to get shy as he noticed Azeezat smiling at him softly. Marcella couldn't help but think of if he would think of her the same if he found out about who she truly was.

"Kiss me! Kiss me!" He said repeatedly as he started a chant.
"Kiss him, kiss him" everyone else in their circle except Marcella, King, Azeezat and Ethan chanted.

"Yo! I had give you for a week if you let this go" Ibrahim said
"A month" Fredrick said as they started to bargain

"No, let me just kiss you then" Ibrahim said before gulping down the content of his work.
"No" Fredrick yelled as he stepped back "a week is fine"

"Why no, I am a good kisser" he said to Fredrick and Marcella noticed Azeezat get flushed.
Had they kissed?

"I do not want to know" Fredrick said "Thank you"

Marcella was starting to get impatient and tired, she started to wonder why her mom hadn't called her all night or why her dad hadn't sent a message yet. Were they already forgetting her. She had that thought at the back of her mind since she found out her mom was pregnant again. She had secretly prayed every time they bonded over something that she would have a boy instead She was afraid of what might happen otherwise.

She didn't want to loose the girls night they bonded over every Friday night in matching PJs. Watching a movie from their combined bucket list only to get interrupted by the boys.

"Seems like it's Ethan's lucky night!" Danielle's said loudly kicking Marcella back to reality.

The bottle had stopped on both Ethan and a senior, Kenny Taiwo, who's family imported vehicles and exotic cars and heavy machineries from Asia and other countries into every country in Africa. He was basically the most important senior among forty other senior students.