Chapter 8

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Time Skip-Night Before Gala, two months later~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I looked at my dress. Trying to put the finishing touches on it. It was a red floor length, dress, with lace sewn into it. I was finishing the last part when Chloé walked in. She was wearing her gala dress. Hers was a yellow, floor length dress with rhinestones across the middle, made of lace. I looked her up and down and nodded approvingly. It fit her perfectly.
"Not going to lie, I think this is the best ones yet." I said and returned to my dress. When I finished, I held it up to examine. It was perfect to say the least. I smiled and looked at Chloé. She gasped and nodded furiously.
"That's the best dress I've seen you create!" She yelled. "Go put it on. I have to see it."
Giggling, I ran to my room and threw the dress on. I let my hair down and walked out. Chloé gasped again and threw her arms around me.
"You look beautiful! Your definitely gonna knock Damians socks off."
"Not like I haven't already." I muttered under my breath. But Chloé heard it. She gasped.
"You didn't?!"
I blushed and nodded.
"How long ago?"
"Last week. I was eating dinner at his place and it just happened. I think a bottle of wine was involved."
(For the record, in this story Marinette is 19, along with Damian, almost 20. So they are adults.)
Chloé gasped and stared at me like I grew two heads.
"I'm all honesty, not all the hype." I shrugged. And just like that my stomach dropped and I raced off to the bathroom. Where I proceeded to vomit my dinner up.
"How long have you been throwing up?" Chloé asked as she held my hair back.
"A few days. I was really sick and couldn't eat that morning."
I heard Chloé sigh and leave. When she returned she had a box with the words, Pregnancy Test written on the front. I stared at it, refusing to let that sink in.
"No. There's no way I'm........"
"You should take the test, just to be safe." She handed me the box. She left again and this time, she came back with sweatpants and a baggy tee shirt. Nodding my thanks, I took the test and changed.

Three minutes. That's how long it took for the test to come back.......with a pink slip as the result. I burst into tears and collapsed. Damians not going to stay with me. Taking a deep breath, I stood up. Chloé came rushing in. She took one look at my face and the pink strip, before wrapping me in a hug.
"I'm gonna hell you Mari. Don't worry." She whispered.
I wiped my faces and gave her a sad smile. Know fully well she would.
"I love you Chloé. And thank you. But Damian can't know. I'll tell him after the baby is born, but I refuse to let him have a say in this. I'm gonna disappear.... and know one can know where."
At that last statement, I put Chloé in a chock hold and held till she passed out.
"I'm sorry Chloé, please forgive me."
I stood, packed a bag, grabbed Captain, loaded the car, and drove away. Leaving a note on the counter for Chloé.

~~~~~~~Nine months later~~~~~

"Push Marianne! You need to Push!!"
I pushed with all I had, I pushed and pushed and pushed, till a tiny cry pierced the air. I relaxed, sourness setting in. The nurses handed me my baby wrapped in a pink blanket. I cooed and cried.
"What's her name?" The doctor asked
I smiled and said "Clara. Clara Dupain-Cheng."

Hello everyone!!!!
So this is going to be a two book series. Ummmm, I know this last chapter ended up jumping around a bit, but I hope you enjoyed it anyway. I am going to start the second book and it's called Music for the Soul: book 2. So, look for it on my profile. I might not be able to get it out till tomorrow, but I hope you enjoyed this one. Lila and the class will get what they deserve in the next book, don't worry. If you have suggestions on what you would like in the next book, comment below or message me separately.
Thanks guys for your support,
-DJWifi