Better Than Detergent

Afterward, we lay on the blanket in a sweaty pile. Jessica on me, Morgan flipped around and re-intertwined arm between us, and legs around ours. A great big possessive pile of limbs.

"That is more like it." Morgan finally said.

"So much better. So, so much." Jessica agreed. I felt a warm tear. "So much." she said again.

Later, when we had air-dried, Jessica said, "Hey! Morgan! I thought I am supposed to be the Heart. When did you take over my job?"

"You were on medical leave, having gone temporarily insane." Morgan said, "I subbed in."

We dressed. The sex part of our healing moment over for now.

"You know, it seemed like a splendid idea at the time. Fucking hell was I wrong." Jessica said, starting to fold the blanket.

"I have never seen someone having sex look more miserable in my life. Someday, we do need to get a better male balance. Someday. It has to be the right guy. It has to be someone we ALL love. Or at least LIKE."

"You don't like Alexander?" Jessica asked.

"No. He is pretty enough I suppose, and I did not originally hate him. Not before last night. If I was going to fuck him, I would use someone else's... Oh. Wait. I did. With yours. After watching that? I am so glad it was not mine. I have had bad sex before, but never that bad. I kicked the guy's ass when it looked like it was headed that way a few times though. They kept trying to fuck after I said fuck off."

"Morgan Laura Olsen Sagan! I have never heard you talk like that!" Jessica said. Nice to hear her being silly.

I know the stories behind a few of those guys too.

"Yes, well. It is true. At least he didn't try to fuck you in the ass, although that might have been better, because then you would have done the right thing and kicked his butt." Morgan said. "I think I am going to use 'Guadalupe' as your middle name when I am chewing you out. As in 'Jessica Guadalupe Sagan, you are a fucking idiot.' Like that."

"I am that. Might as well use 'dumbass'. Be more fitting." The two of them are walking ahead, Jessica looked back. "You're being quiet. Now I get why that always bothers Helen."

Thumb over shoulder, I said, "I just got screwed into the ground by two Vampires. Last night I made love for literally the entire night in a hot truck. I can barely walk, more or less walk AND talk."

"Ah." Jessica said, then asked Morgan "Have you ever faked an orgasm?"

"Not with someone I liked. Only to make it all stop when it got started and I realized it was not working. Not disaster not working, like last night. Your sex last night, not mine. Mine was excellent. Just no chemistry kind of not working. I did not make that mistake often, but you cannot date as much as I did back then and not get a few like that." Morgan said. "Why? How could you fake one with a Vampire lover?"

"You can't, but gods I wished I could have just to make it stop." Jessica said.

"I would not give him the satisfaction." Morgan said.

"No. Good point. It didn't matter in this case." Jessica said grimly.

"Please tell me you left him hanging?" Morgan asked. She sounded as if she really enjoyed that idea. Morgan is being weird. But then: her wife just cheated on her.

"I wish, but no. Not exactly. He came all right. That was his goal. Not worried about me getting mine like you just were. Only concerned with his. The good news is it was not IN me, thank all the gods. It got it in my hair. Part of why I had to get a shower and why my hair looks like this. I washed it numerous times and by myself, which sucks, by the way. Although better alone than him helping. It took a long time and a lot of soap to see if I could wash the shame off. You can't but at least I got him all off. I mean ALL of him off. Every damn atom. I made sure. It turns out that to get the shame off your heart has to take you to the woods and love it off you."