37. Turn the Page

Season Twelve

[Keep Calm and Carry On]

[The original version of the song. Don't mind that I've used it twice.

Y'all really thought I was gonna keep Dylan gone for too long? Pssh.]

Mary and Dean were in the park at night looking at each other. Dean looked down at the phone in his hand and put it in his pocket.

"I, uh... Are you... really... real?" Dean asked.

While Mary was looking at him, Dean approached and reached out to touch her. Mary grabbed Dean's arm, threw him to the ground, and put her foot on his neck.

"Ohh!" Dean cried.

"Where am I? Who the hell are you?" Mary demanded.

"I'm – I'm Dean. Winchester. I'm your son."

"No. My Dean is nine years old."

Dean breathed shakily. "I was when you died."

Mary stood up and let go of Dean's arm and gasped as she remembered what happened to her.

"Sammy. Sammy!"

A kid screamed for his mom. There was a scream and Mary was burning on the ceiling of Sam's room.

Mary exhaled sharply.

Dean breathed heavily. "Mom. Listen to me. Your name – your name is Mary Sandra Campbell, okay? You were born December 5, 1954, to Samuel and Deanna Campbell. Your father, he bounced around a lot for, uh, work, and you bounced right along with him, and you ended up in Lawrence, Kansas."

"How do you know all that?" Mary asked.

"Dad told me. March 23, 1972, you walked out of a movie theater – Slaughterhouse-Five. You loved it, and you bumped into a big Marine and you knocked him flat on his ass. You were embarrassed, and he laughed it off, said you could make it up to him with a cup of coffee. So, you went to, uh, Mulroney's and you talked and he was cute and he knew the words to every Zeppelin song, so when he asked you for your number, you gave it to him, even though you knew your dad would be pissed. That was the night that – that you met –"

"John Winchester."

"August 19, 1975, you were married... in Reno. Your idea. A few years later, I came along, then Sammy, then Natalia."

"And then I burned. How long have I been gone?"

"29 years."

Mary moved forward, touching him. "Dean."

"Hi, Mom."

Mary slowly moved in to hug Dean, who had a stricken look on his face.

PARKING LOT

Dylan walked towards Natalia. "Listen, it's me. Test me any way you need, but-"

Natalia's knife clattered to the ground and she jumped into Dylan's arms.

Dylan hugged her tightly and she hugged just as tightly.

"Did you ever..."

Natalia held up her left hand, showing her ring. "I couldn't."

Dylan kissed her softly. "You're crying."

"Because I'm so happy. Dyl, I love you."

"I love you, too."

---

Castiel and Azrael smashed through a billboard advertising a mystery spot.

The man walked over to the edge of the crater made by the landing and saw Castiel and Azrael pulling themselves out. "Holy mother."