66. Ready Set Let's Go

[The Thing]

(Okay, but, this seemed to fit the end of the episode...)

PORTSMOUTH, RHODE ISLAND, 1925

INT. MEN OF LETTERS CAPITULUM SEVEN

Chanting sounded as two robed and hooded men dragged a struggling woman in a beaded flapper dress through the door into a candlelit bunker style room. They were followed by a leader dressed in an ornate burgundy robe carrying a chalice."

The Men of Letters cultists chanted repeatedly, "Insanidox koth munto."

The men chanted and gathered items and images of the men shackling the flapper to a stone table.

The flapper whimpered and sobbed. "No, please! No!"

An ornately dressed man prepared for a ritual. A rusty metal box sat to the side. A chain was fastened around the still struggling flapper's middle. Robed hands crushed the fruit into the chalice, blood was poured in, as was a vial of glowing blue angel grace. The chanting stopped and the leader began.

The leader held the chalice above the woman on the table. "Insanidox koth munto... Yokoth."

The lead cultist put the chalice on the table and removed a chain from around his neck. The chain had a large purple crystal pendant. He held it over the chalice with his other hand held in benediction. The contents of the chalice began glowing purple.

The leader chanted again. "Insanidox koth munto. Yokoth."

"Yokoth! Yokoth!" the Men of Letters cultists chanted.

The crystal shot a beam of purple light towards the ceiling where an inter dimensional rift formed above the woman and the table. As the cultists chanted, a large tentacle swooped out of the rift towards the woman who screamed in terror.

LEBANON, KANSAS - PRESENT DAY

BUNKER - MAP ROOM

Sam and Dylan were asleep at the map table. They were leaning over with their heads resting on a book and their outstretched arms. Dean and Natalia came up behind Sam and Dylan and carefully placed a post-it note that read 'DUM DUM' and 'ROMEO' on the back of Sam and Dylan's shirts. Dean and Natalia both placed a second note that read 'KICK ME' on Sam and Dylan's backs.

Sam and Dylan both stirred with a quiet grunt and lifted their heads, but remained asleep. Dean and Natalia paused and shook their heads minutely, hoping that Sam and Dylan wouldn't wake up. Sam and Dylan placed their heads back down on their arms and Dean and Natalia, satisfied that their brother and husband were still sleeping, continued placing two more post-it notes on Sam and Dylan's backs. Dean's final two read 'ASS FACE' and 'I'M STUPID ASK ME'. Natalia's final two read 'MY WIFE IS BETTER' and 'BOOKWORM'. As Dean and Natalia placed the last notes, Sam and Dylan sat up with a groan, rubbing their eyes as they woke.

Dean and Natalia jumped back looking guilty, but casually walked past Sam and Dylan towards the chair at the end of the table as if they'd just entered the room.

"Dean? Natalia?" Sam and Dylan called sleepily.

Dean and Natalia both pulled out a chair and sat. "Yeah?"

"What are you two doing?"

Natalia shrugged. "Not much. Was feeling nauseous, but it passed."

Dean gestured with his hands and casually picked up a coffee cup. "Nothing. Uh, whatcha two reading?"