Chapter 7

You stupid, stupid woman! Do you realize what you did? Hindi ka na nahiya, giving yourself to someone few days before your wedding? And of all people, si Jake pa! You hated him the past eight years, paanong nagawa mong ipagkanulo ang sarili mo the first day he comes back!

Hindi magkandatuto si Agatha sa pagsusuot ng mga nagkalat na niyang damit sa sahig habang kinakastigo ang sarili. Hindi malamang kung ano ang gagawin matapos ang ginawa niya kagabi. She made love with Jake, with no reservations at all. She willingly gave herself to him na tila ba iyon ang pinakatamang gawin. Her conscience was eating her. How could she have done this to Leo, her fiancé? And she wasn't even gonna try and blame the few drinks she'd had. This was entirely on her. Her own stupid head. Napalingon siya kay Jake na payapang natutulog sa mismong kama where they made love the other night. And beyond all the chaos in her head, warmth spread through her sa pagkakasilay dito. Jake's upper torso was exposed. A perfect adonis with his flat abs gently expanding sa payapa nitong paghinga. Hindi niya napansin kagabi but his body had a few scars. They were of different shapes and she couldn't imagine how he could have gotten those. Nang dumako ang tingin niya sa mukha nito ay tila nanikip ang kanyang lalamunan. She inhaled deeply as she focused on his tender lips.

Damn you, Jake, she thought inwardly bago tuluyan nang tumalikod at tinungo ang pinto. She needed to forget about him, she belonged to Leo, she will tell him the truth and would still marry him if he'd still have her. This was it. No more Jake. Kahit gaano pa ito mag-persist at hinding-hindi na siya magpapadala. To hell with her emotions, her emotions got her into this mess. Ito ang dahilan kung bakait nagpadala siya kapritso ng kanyang puso.

She went straight to the parking area. She reached for her keys nang makita ang sasakyan. Papasok na lang siya ng kotse nang marinig niyang may tumatawag sa kanyang pangalan.

Nilingon niya ito and she involuntarily held her breath. Bitbit ang t-shirt at nagmamadaling isinusuot, Jake hurried to get to her. Nakakunot-noo ito.

"Leave me alone," malamig niyang saad at binuksan ang pinto ng kotse.

Jake grinned as if nothing major happened to them last night. "You amaze me to no end, darling. After what happened last night, after finding out that I'm the first—"

"Jake," she snapped at him. She would really like it if he didn't discuss her virginity.

"What?" walang anuman nitong untag at balewalang ipinulupot ang kamay sa kanyang baywang.

Napapikit siya, he still smelled so good and still warm from the bed.

Ugh, she could knock herself out at konting hawak lang nito ay nagre-react kaagad ang kanyang katawan. She pulled away. "It was a one night thing, Jake."

"And you are the first woman who attempted to walk out on me the following day," susog nito at nagseryoso. "And I don't want it to be just a one night thing, Agatha."

She clenched her jaw. What was Jake tying to say?

It doesn't matter, you stupid woman. sigaw ng isip niya. Just walk away.

"I want you mine, and only mine from now on." dagdag nito, his face remained serious, his eyes fixed on her. Tila inaarok ang kanyang iniisip.

"That's not possible Jake."

"What do you mean?" napakunot-noo nitong tanong.

"I'm getting married," she answered coldly.

Sandali itong natahimik, his face suddenly dimmed. "You're kidding me, right?"

Umiling-iling siya at itinaas ang kaliwang kamay para ipakita ang engagement ring. "What happened last night was unexpected as we both know. But there's nothing special about it. And the fact still remains that I'm engaged to be married. And please don't get any ideas, I will never ever be yours, Jake Walker. Kahit bawiiin pa ni Leo ang kasalan pagkatapos kung sabihin sa kanya ang too, I still wouldn't be—"