Making Headlines

We won the game. I ended being kill leader and having the most damage done the entire match.

          Right now, I was relaxing in my room, watching TV. My body felt really sore from the last match and I was ready to not leave my bed.

       There was a knock on my door suddenly and I pushed myself up.

      "Come in!"

    The door opened and Elliot's head peeked around. "Hey, Opi."

     "Hey El, what's up?" I asked as I offered him a smile.

    "Nothing much, I just came by to show you something." He said with a nervous look on his face as he walked over to my bed.

    "Uh, okay. What is it?" I asked, worried about what he'd say.

   "Well, just-..change the channel. Channel 3." He said as he looked toward the TV.

   I raised an eyebrow and did as he said. Channel 3 was an Apex Legends news station. Anything and everything was reported on there. The headline of the main story made my stomach drop.

   "OCTANE MOVING IN ON THE NEW LEGEND."

     Oh no.

     No no no no.

     "Fuck!" I exclaimed.

      I watched as they played a clip from the game where Octavio hugged me after helping me heal, and then when he was holding me when he took his jump pad.

"The new Legend, Huntress, has made headlines this week. Winning her first match in the games, winning the hearts of new fans, and slaughtering enemies on the field. And it seems like Octane has taken an interest in this new Legend with her skills. In the clips shown, Octane is seen hugging huntress after helping her heal, and holding her while they used his jump pad. It looks like Octane may be making a move on the new Legend. More updates on this will come." One of the news anchors said.

    "Elliot, what the fuck?" I asked as I stuffed my face in my hands.

     He moved a bit closer and placed a hand on my back, "I can help fix this. They can get in trouble for misleading information. And if we just act as if you guys are really close friends, they can't do more on the story."

    "I forgot that cameras were all over the map. I should've been more careful. Fuck, fuck, fuck. I didn't want anyone to know!" I said as nervously raked a hand through my hair.

     "Hey, hey, Opi, it's alright. We'll take care of this. Don't worry." He said with a reassuring smile.

     I took a deep breath and nodded.

     "Will there be a new legend already? Rumor has it there's another Legend on the way following Huntress."

       "Wait, what?" I asked as I looked towards the TV.

"The supposed new Legend's name is Loba Andrade. Nothing else is known about her at this time. We will supply you with information as we receive it." The news anchor reported.

I looked to Elliot, "A new Legend already? That's seriously quick."

Elliot shrugged, "I didn't even know about this. I don't think anyone does."

"Well this has just been a wonderful day." I said with a sigh, "You will help with that story though, right?"

"Of course, Opi. You're my friend. I want to help. Plus, people around here can talk. I don't want your image tarnished." He said with a reassuring smile.