Chapter 7: Going Home

Bryce's POV
I left her room, feeling sad. I understand though. She's been through a lot, and I should slow down for her. Though everything I said was true. I love her so much, she has no idea what she's doing to me.
I want to kiss her all the time, hold her in my arms every night, and wake up next to her every morning. I want-no, I need her. Without her I'm nothing.
After a while, I go back to her room to check on her. I knock. No answer. "Kylie?" I ask, knocking again. No answer. "Kylie, open the door," I tell her. No answer. "Kylie, please, open the door," I almost beg, worry filling me. I shove away my thought to be polite and open the door. There was no sign of her. Her clothes were gone. I walk to the bed and see a note.
I read it, and I feel like my heart is being ripped out of my chest, then stomped on a million times.
I feel my wolf stir beneath my skin, and I know he wants out. I run down the stairs and outside, and I shift almost as soon at my feet hit the grass.
He lets out a long, sorrowful, howl. Both of our feelings pouring into it. I'm going to bring her back, even if she told me not to go after her. I can't let her leave, I'll die without her. Literally. Her absence will drive my wolf insane, then he'll disappear, leaving me to die.
I shift back, and get to work. "I want everyone looking for my mate, anyone that finds her will be rewarded. Now go!" I order. I'm going to bring you home, Kylie.
******
Still Bryce's POV
My wolf catches her scent, and yips happily. We follow after it, the smell growing stronger by the minute. Then, I see her. My mate, my only love, my sweet Kylie. Mine.
I shift to my human form and call to her, "Kylie!" She stops and turns towards me. I run up to her, and her she breaks down, crying. I pull her into my arms, holding her as if she'd disappear if I let go. "Never leave me again, you hear?" I snap. "I-I'm sorry," she cries. "Never leave me," I tell her. She nods, "no more. I can't leave you anymore."
I place my hands on the sides of her face and press my lips to hers. She's been away from me for too long, and all of my feelings come out in that kiss. It was the kind of kiss that made me know that I've never been happier in my whole life.
She pulls away a little and whispers, "I love you." My heart leaped with joy and I kiss her again. She tangles her fingers in my hair, and I wrap my arms around her waist, leaning into her. I'm never letting her go again, never. She pulls away again, but I nip at her lips, wanting more. She smiles, "let's go home." Home. Home, for me, is where ever she is. We could live in a box and I could care less as long as she's with me. I'm going to marry this girl, I can't live with out her. "Yeah, let's go home," I agree.
******
Kylie's POV
I vowed to myself that I'd never leave him again, never. I won't be able to live with out him.
I lie next to him and he smiles at me, "I love you." I smile back at him, "I love you too." "You know, Kylie, when I say 'I love you', I'm not saying it out of habit. I say it to remind you that you are the best thing that has ever happened to me," he states. I nod. He presses his lips to my forehead and I close my eyes. "I'd love to say that you're able to go make my knees go week-" "but?" He asks. "But-and this is going to sound very cheesy- to be honest, whenever I'm around you, you make my body forget it has knees at all," I finish. He laughs, "and that's why I love you."
I feel my cheeks get hot, and he rubs his thumb across them, "you're cute when you blush." That makes me blush even harder and he chuckles. Then I remember something. The day he saved me, the Beta was looking for something and found the tattoo-like thing on my arm. "Bryce-" I start. "Hm?" He hums, leaving his eyes closed. "What is this?" I ask. His eyes open, and I lift my arm up, showing him the mark on it. He takes my arm and looks at it, then smiles a little. "You, even though this hard to believe, are part of the royal werewolf family," he tells me. "But my parents-" "aren't your real parents," he finishes. "What?" I question. "Then why am I not like you?" "You won't shift until you're twenty. Your first shift is later than everyone else's. For example, I shifted at sixteen," he tells me. "So, I'm like you, then?" I ask. "Does that effect anything?" He nods, "yeah, it'll make you want to be around me more, it'll make you just as possessive over me as I am over you. That's all I know, about the mate stuff. I guess we'll find out though." I remove my gaze from his, "does it hurt?" He moves the hair out of my face, "the first one, I'm not going to lie, is going to hurt really badly, but the rest after should hurt less until the shift doesn't hurt anymore. It doesn't hurt me anymore." I nod, "will you help me?" He smiles gently at me, "of course, I'll be there the whole time. There is one thing I should tell you about, though, and I can do it now or after your shift." "Depends on what it is," I state. "It's this thing called a mark. I'd bite you right there-" he points at the point between my shoulder and my neck,"-it basically tells other wolves that you are mine, also, once you get your wolf, we'll be able to mind link. That is where we're able to talk through our minds." "Does that hurt?" I ask. He shrugs, "I've heard that it feels like a small pinch, but then it's really pleasurable." I nod, "um, I guess you can do it now." He raises an eyebrow at me, "you sure? It can't be erased." I nod, "I'm sure." "Okay, come here," he instructs, sitting up. He pulls me on to his lap so I'm facing him.
He pushes my hair back, and brings my head forward, nuzzling his face into my neck. I feel him press his lips on the sweet spot on my neck, and I shiver. I feel him smile against my skin. I feel sharp teeth scratch gently on my skin, then he bites down, and I whimper a little. Like he said, it was just a small pinch, and then it felt really nice. He pulls his teeth out, and I feel him lick that spot on my neck, then place a kiss there, and I have to hold back a moan.
"You're mine," he whispers to me. "I'm yours," I affirm.