Chapter 14

Previously:

"Yeah, Yeah, lets go, Percy."

His older brother says, he got on Abyss after a bunch of cussing from said creature. Percy scratches behind Tide's blue ears, getting an instant pleased whinny with his large head shaking side to side. The 16 year old tries to calm down his nerves when it spiked once again when they swim down the river.

"Can't wait for you to meet everyone."

Now:

The rising sun peeks over the hills in the distance and the two princes finally, after many hours reach their destination. Tide and Abyss stay silent as to not disturb their rider's, despite the midnight mare wishes to throw Triton into the freezing depths. The light gazes into Percy's eyes making his face scrunch up at the unwelcomed sight, his first night of peaceful sleep disturbed. He blinks his sea green eyes open tiredly before yawning and sitting up, he scratches behind the ears of his companion in a 'good morning' way.

The icy blue hippocampus turns his head slightly, keeping one blue eye on the river and on the lost prince. He huffs softly. Did I wake you, my prince? His mate turns her head slightly, gazing irritably at them for disturbing her silence. The ex slave smiles apologetically at her before returning his attention to his ride.

"I'm ok, Tide. You didn't wake me."

Good. We are close anyway. You might have to wake up my lord. He gets quite grumpy in the mornings. Tide suggests returning his attention the water, heading towards the shore of the slowly moving river. As the young prince was about to call Triton, the midnight hippocampus interjected, with a certain gleam in her eyes. No need, I got this. She then proceeds to suddenly roll over, sending his older brother into the depths with a sharp cry. A splash results in Percy having a fit of giggles at his sibling's predicament. Triton's head appears from below, slightly glaring in his direction.

The oldest just rolls his matching eyes when his baby brother does not stop, trying to stop the slight smirk at his accomplishment even at the expense of him almost drowning. He feels a slight pull of his gut calling the water to aid him. Percy abruptly stop snickering as he stares at his brother getting lifted out of the body of water and onto the back of the still laughing horse. Triton adjusts his clothes before finally noticing his gaping sibling.

"What?"

That word brought Percy out of his stupor.

"W-W-W-W-Since when can you control the fucking river?!"

The sudden crude language made Triton get whiplash. Along with Tide.

"Hey! Language!"

Wash your mouth! There will be no foul words whilst I swim! His little brother just rolled his sea green eyes along with Abyss.

"I swore before. You just didn't realise it. Besides, when can you control the water?"

The oldest mimics his actions. By now they have reached the shore and Triton slides into the water, being careful of his sword and knives. The stream only reaching up to his thighs as that is as far the the hippocampus can go. Percy also swings his leg over but his weak foot catches onto the creature's neck, making him gasp in pain and ungracefully tumble into the water. As soon as he resurfaces and after making sure no water is in his ears he finally hears his brother bellowing in laughter, him leaning his arm against the black legend and wiping tears away from his eyes.