Prologue

*Just so you all know I am VERY slowly going through and editing it into 3rd person and to fit my writing style nowadays so I can continue. May be a little slow but thanks for your patience!*

Gone. He couldn't... really be gone could he? That's what they claimed. What they had stated several times over. He wasn't coming back. Kenric wasn't coming back. But that simply wasn't fair. After all this time how could he be dead? 

He had requested to leave so many times. He wanted to leave. Wanted to start a new life with her. But she hadn't listened. Why hadn't she listened? It's what she wanted, what she needed. She needed to feel his arms wrap around her without the stress that someone would see. She wanted to relish the weight of his gaze without the embarrassment of knowing they could never get married. She simply... wanted him back. 

If she could do it over again she would have said yes. No need to let this all brush over, she would do it. Over and over again she would do it. She would leave the Council and marry him. Then perhaps none of this would have happened. He wouldn't have gone in there to talk with Fintan, and he wouldn't have pushed her aside and...

He wouldn't be dead.

Warm tears clung to Oralies lashes, falling and slowly growing cold as they trailed down her cheek. She could hardly notice the chaos around her. He couldn't be dead.

Why? Why hadn't she said yes? Why had he saved her? Why, why why? Why did it have to be him who died?

Unwillingly, her mind rushed back to that cheeky grin he gave her the day they met. If only she could stay there forever. 

Perhaps she could forget.

Perhaps it would simply just... fade away. 

AN: Kay, I know your all excited for an update, but in these several months since I've updated, my writing style has changed DRASTICALLY! So, I am trying to write as fast as I can to fix this all up and hopefully get back into this story. Thank you all!