Chapter One - Blushed once, blushed twice, this guy is on a roll.

A/N I have another Fan fiction, Its a Sokeefe fan fiction, if any of you are interested its called Swan Song. Hope you guys like it!!

I stared ahead at the towers twisting around a large pyramid. Foxfire. Today was my first day, and it all felt surreal. I continued walking forward, my eyes glued to the magnificent building.

Suddenly, a flesh wall slammed into me- or rather, I slammed into it. I blinked, before looking at what- or rather who- I had run into. 

"I am so sorry, wasn't looking where I was going and..." I trailed off, meeting their eyes. It was a boy, probably a year or so older then me. He had messy, bright red hair and indescribable eyes. He had the build of a football player, and the grin of a true troublemaker. And wow was he good looking.        I blushed, leaning down and picking up the things I had dropped.

"Its fine, I wasn't either." He smiled at me, a big toothy smile. He stooped down and helped me pick up my stuff. He handed them to me, "Kenric." I looked at him, confused. He laughed, "My name. It's Kenric. and you are?"

"Oh, uh, O- Oralie." I blushed again as I stuttered on my own name.

"Nice to meet you, Oralie." He held out a hand and I stumbled to shake it. 

"Uh, you too. Kenric." I added, almost like a second thought. I looked down, hiding behind a curtain of blonde curls. 

"Is this your first day?" He asked.

"Yeah. Thats why I wasn't looking where I was going. I have no older siblings so Ive never seen Foxfire except for my dads memory log." I explained, getting myself a little more composed. 

"Really? Same here. Although my parents didn't show me their memory logs." He shrugged. 

"Are they both telepaths?" I asked curiously.

"Yeah. You?" He inquired, putting his hands in his pockets.

"No, my mother is an Empath." We fell into silence. I waited for him to break it, until finally I couldn't stand it anymore.

"I should get going-" I said at the same time he said "I should get to opening ceremonies-"

We both stopped and laughed. "Well, uh, see you later, I guess." I said, trying to pull off a nonchalant shrug. I blushed, walking the other way. Why did this guy make me blush so much? I usually wasn't one of those girls who would freak out at there being a cute guy talking to her. But of course, I wasn't very experienced with it. 

I suppose being an elf practically required talking to cute guys, but this guy was cute for an elf. He had that sort of rugged handsome feature with his curly red hair and big toothy smile that probably made lots of elven girls giggle and swoon. At least, he would when he was older. I shook myself out of the thought. What was becoming of me?

I stumbled to opening ceremonies, blushing as I tripped over myself. A few students merely glanced my way, rolling their eyes. I straightened myself up, brushing invisible specks off of my skirt. How was I suppose to do the dance they wanted us level ones to do? Being the klutz I was I figured I would probably trip in the middle of it and embarrass my self. What would Kenric think if he saw that-Wait. Why was I worried what Kenric would think? I barely knew the guy. Ugh, I really must not have gotten much sleep last night.

I barely listened as speeches were given, my mind seemed to be nowhere and everywhere. Before I knew it the level ones were walking out onto the stage, I quickly followed trying not to trip in my ridiculous costume. I followed the steps we had been taught a day previously. Quickly, and without a blunder I made it though the dance. 

When I was able to get back stage I sighed with relief. 

"It wasn't that bad, was it?" A familiar voice said behind me. I spun around to see Kenric, and immediately blushed.

"I'm not good on the stage." I mumbled. (Obviously she's gonna change by the end of this guys, have faith) 

"Ah, I suppose that makes sense." He replied smiling. His smile was just barely crooked, I noticed. It wasn't very obvious, but if you looked really close you could tell it was just barely crooked. It was kinda cute- Agh! Stop it, Oralie! Its just a guy. I scolded myself.

"Kenric, right?" I said, abruptly changing the subject.

"Yes, ma'am. And you were Oralie, am I wrong?" He answered, going along with it.

"Yeah. Glad you remembered." I mentally smacked myself in the face. Glad you remembered? Really?

"Easy name to remember. It's pretty." He said, as if that was all the explanation in the world. 

"Uh, thanks." I said, my blush deepening.

If only I knew how much the guy would change my world.