Why did you/I do that.

Zedaph knocked at the door.

"Impulse, Tango?" he said. 

"hey Zed," Tango opened the door with a grin. His gold hair was brushed back, held in place by a scarlet bandana.  "whaz up?" 

"I caught feelings.."

"again?" Tango waved Zedaph into the apartment. Zedaph sighed. his mind hadn't left the mystery man he had seen the other day. "so who's messin with ya?"

"did you see that guy like a week ago? hangin around with X?"

"who?"

"the guy with white hair in the pony tail, and the dark red eyes and a the scar across his nose?"

Tango shook his head.

"Cut sleeves band tee and skinny jeans with the wallet chain?"

"sorry dude, do you know his name?"

"welllll," Zedaph rubbed the back of his neck, "sorta?"

"How do you sorta know someones name?"

"He told ME it was David, but i was talking to Grian, and apparently he told him it was Micheal, so im not sure."

"huh."

"huh?

"huh."

"what does huh mean Tango?"

"It means its weird and i wonder where he came from."

"oh."

"UUUGGHHHH!!!" Exy did his best to muffle the scream into a pillow, it didnt help, but it made him feel better. 

A quiet knock on the wall drew his attention.

"uuhhh Birdy?" 

"hey Pm."

"ya good my friend?"

"no,"

"want us to come over?"

"sure i guess."

Ex flipped over on his bed, staring up at the hanging flag. the Rainbow flag was a symbol and point of pride, literally, for him when he first hung it up. but now it stared at him, taunting and guilting him for being so shy about his sexuality.

a knock at the door snared his attention away from the flag.

"ITS OPEN." he called, shortly followed by the sounds of walking. two familiar faces entered the room. Pm, short for Phoenix Merlin which is the most crazy name the man could pull out, and Grim, his roommate and the april to his andy, if April used they/them pronouns.  

"ya good, my dude?" grim asked.

"no.."

"What wrong?!" Pm's voice was much more concerned over his neighbor plight.

"Boy cute. can't deal."

"oh mood." Grim smiled. 

"I didn't know you liked guys?" Pm cocked his head. "is our apartment a LGBTQ Vortex?"

"Gay singularity?"

"Gay singularity," Ex nodded. "don't feel bad i didn't tell you, my own brother doesn't know."

"I thought you and X weren't that close anyway."

"we weren't, but were working on it," Evil X sat up, "...i told him my name is David,"

"....WHY??" Pm screech-laughed.

"I PANICKED!"

"clearly" grim rolled their eyes.

"..is he cuuuteeee."

"sooo cute...."

"Claim him."

"grim no."

"grim Yes."

So. do I know WHY I made Grim Dog in this Au use they/them. nope. nor do I know why I chose the worst Young adult fantasy novel name for Poultry man. I looked up names with bird connotations, and here we are.