CHAPTER TWO

ITS HONESTLY TOO BAD that Jace never got to live a normal teenage-to-adult life, but he's gotten over it.

Continuing with the story, Jace had taken the antibiotics for something close to two weeks when he found his pain minimizing.

He was almost relieved, but there was just one setback.

He was always vomiting, with chills.The pain from his abdomen was obviously the king of the whole operation, but the consistent sickness and hot and cold flashes were quickly becoming unbearable as well.

He couldnt figure out for the life of him why he wouldnt stop with the tremors, but he knows he spent a portion of his summer miserable.

"J, are you okay?You look pale."Jace remembers Jade asking.They were having their first sleepover of the summer, it being postponed due to his sickness.

That day he'd felt better than usual, but once it hit mid day, and he'd taken his second pill, he began to feel the familiar jitteriness, followed by clammy palms.

He felt hot all over, but he couldn't kick off his covers, the air was much too cold outside.

"I always look pale.Shouldn't I just be named Jacula at this point?"Even he felt undeniably lame after making the comment, and it was confirmed when Jade scrunched up her nose, like she smelled something awful.

"That joke was atrocious."

"I feel atrocious, cut me some slack."Jace snarked back, blinking before kicking his covers off, stomach suddenly churning.

He stood and ran to the plastic bin in the corner, by his desk, bending over and then dropping to his knees, vomiting.

He's sure he was there for thirty minutes, just trying to catch his breath.He wanted to strip out his clothes so badly, he was burning up.

Jade just watched him from the bed, eyes sympathetic.

At the time, the pity didn't piss him off so much.
Before he knew how bad his condition really was, and he still had a chance at life.

"Should I leave?You look really ill."She said, eyes now fearful as Jace sat back once more and leaned against the wall, breathing through his nose deeply.

He looked out the window against the very wall he was leaning on, and saw his mother leaving her car, with groceries.He blinked once more, letting his eyes roll back into his head because it was comfortable.

"Jace?!"Jade suddenly shouted, and his eyes shot open, looking at her horrified face.

He was suddenly so tired, like he just needed a nap and he'd be back to himself.

"Im fine, Jade.My mom's here, just give me like twenty minutes and ill be up and ready for a movie marathon."
Jace closed his eyes, letting them drift back again, then deciding it was dizzying sitting up and instead laying down on the carpeted floor, next to his can of vomit.

He faintly heard Jade call his mother before she popped back up in his face, eyes worried.

"Jace,sweetheart we're gonna take you to the hospital."
He just shook his head, God he hated the hospital.He didn't wanna be bothered anymore, or have to stay on bed rest for longer, he knew what he had and that was all.