☆ one 🌊 .°

The stench of nicotine and cologne filled the room as Luke lay there, head on Michael's lap as some pop punk band CD played on the radio. Luke took another drag of the cancer stick as Michael  coughed.

Band posters covered the walls as dirty clothes and old cigaratte packs were strewn about, leaving the room a mess. Luke didn't care. He knew Michael didn't care about the mess either, Michael never judged Luke for anything.

Thats why Michael had been Luke's bestfriend since middle school. In sixth grade Michael moved to Australia from America. His mother was born here and wanted to return home. Of course Michael never thought he would make friends until he met the boy with a scraped knee and busted lip and somehow they bonded over their shoes.

"Luke, when do you start group therapy?" Michael asked.

Luke shrugged. "Tonight. It fucking sucks." Luke answered. Luke suffers from severe anger issues and bipolar disorder. He was diagnosed as a kid but over the years he had been hospitalized five times for suicidal thoughts & attempts.

"Maybe it won't be so bad Luke. Maybe this time you'll meet someone who you connect with," Michael replied as he ran his fingers through Luke's hair.

Luke smiled softly. The only person he ever spoke to about his mental health issues was Michael. He trusted Michael. Hell, to some it may even look like the two were in love.

They would always kiss eachother soft on the lips, hold hands, give eachother the tightest hugs. They cared for eachother. But they were not in love. They were just friends who acted like lovers.

"Boys, Mikey's gotta go. Its almost time for therapy," Liz spoke from outside the door.

"Okay mum," Luke replied and sat up, putting out the cigaratte as Michael stood up from the bed and slipped on his shoes. He left his hoodie on the bed, knowing Luke would want it and he smiled softly.

"Call me after therapy. I want to hear all about it," Michael said as Luke stood up to hug him. Luke shook his head and wrapped his arms around Michael .

"Go, my mums gonna kill me if im late. I love you," Luke said as he planted a soft kiss on Michael's lips.

Michael returned the kiss and pulled away smiling. "I love you, dont do anything stupid," Michael replied as he rushed out of the room, leaving Luke to get ready.

Luke quickly changed into a pair of black skinny jeans and threw on Michael's hoodie. He fixed up his hair and sprayed some cologne on. He slid his phone into his pocket and walked out of his room. He walked downstairs and waved at his dad before going out to the driveway to meet his mum in her car.

"Now, I know you hate therapy but please try to be nice. Its an all teens group this time and they're lgbt friendly," Liz smiled as she drove towards the therapy center.

"Mum, I'll try this time. I promise." Luke replied as he looked out the window. It had been almost a year since Luke's lasy hospital stay and he had been doing fairly well.

"Luke, I know losing Caleb wasn't easy...it never is when its someone you care about. But youve gotta move on," Liz spoke.

Luke shook his head as he held back the hot tears that burned in his eyes. "Mum, Caleb and I were together for nearly three years. It hasnt even been two years since he died and somehow you just expect me to move on with my life and be normal." Luke replied.

"The day before he died he told me he loved me and I was upset so I never said it back. and then I wake up the next morning to a phone call telling me he killed himself. Do you think that was easy? Do you think I was ecstatic to know that the love of my life was dead?" Luke questioned as a tear fell.