Chapter one

The road shimmered in the heat of the midday sun. The sunlit skyscraper pierced the hot, blue sky. In a neighbourhood deep surrounded with thick forest, there are housewives not so quiet whispering upon a burnt down to the ground house and a small girl laying on what used to be a beautiful porch with flowers pots hanging.

An 18 years old girl with below hip-length red hair, lime green eyes, pale skin and figure of a child. Small sobs can be heard and from the physique of the girl, she clearly has not eaten anything for the past few days nor do she take a shower, shown on her used to be white pyjamas have now covered with ashes and muds.

Few of the neighbour attempted to take her to their house for temporary only but she won't budge or move from the spot. She would scream loudly when someone tried to lift her or drag her by force. Distress showed on every face of the housewives, not because they worried for the girl but it because if she were to die, that would keep them wake up late at night. The inevitable guilt and the blood will be on their hands if they were to ignore them, this will eat them alive and so they call someone to handle it.

A blue old truck pulls over in front of the house, out a priest of a dark-skinned man wearing black clothes and glasses. He had a black, receding hair. The housewives notice his arrival but they didn't come and greet him as they just watch the priest walking toward the house to the redhead. He kneels down beside the girl with a sad expression on his face.

"Leave me alone...", in a gruff voice since her throat feels like in a fire.

"Good evening, young lady. My name is Ryan Duffy, I work at the Saint Francis' Home as a priest"

"so what..I don't..care..", she rolled her eyes in annoyed. Her lime greens eye become blurry and heavy, slowly she flutters closed her eyes.

Father Duffy notices her lack of movement, notices that she had fainted. Carefully, the priest lifts her up into both his arm with a bag that she has, straight to his car after briefly nod his head toward the housewives.

The sight of the girl finally being carried away, made they crack a smile with relief that such a nuisance is now gone. They silently squeal under their breath, Father Duffy slightly shake his head. He drove her to a clinic to make sure she doesn't have any injuries than to the orphanage.

Lily pov

I woke up feeling a whole lot more comfortable and clean..?

Flutter open my eyes, a ceiling that I have never seen, looking around, it looks like an infirmary. Knit my brow, I just notice I'm wearing a plain grey dress, a nun walk up to me.

"I'm sure you are feeling bewildered as to why you are here. First of all, I'm sister Catherine and we are now in Saint Francis Home. Secondly, how are you feeling Mrs.Robinson?"

I was very confused as to how I got here then I remember a priest come to get me.

"I'm okay now...thank you...but I think I'm gonna go now. I'm very grateful for your help."

"Do you have anywhere you are going to?", I froze up then look away.

"I'm going back. To my house.", I said as I push my legs to the floor, put on my shoes, carefully stand up on my feet. I was expecting for the nun to be stopping me from going back but she didn't and this much easier. Or so I thought. As I was about to walk past her, she spoke up.

"You can't waste your life Mrs.Robinson. you have some much to look forward to your life. In respect of your deceased love one. I suggest you choose your decision is to not going back."

A flashback of my loving parent and my dear little brother who I adore so much. For sure, they would definitely be disappointed at me to be like this...