Chapter two

20 years later.

The rising sun cast a rosy hue across the morning sky. Golden fingers of sunlight lit up the scene. The sun poured through the gap of the curtain, a redhead roll on her bed to the other side. She rubbed her bleary eyes and walked into the window. Open widely the curtain, letting the sun seeped in the room fully.

Stretching her petite body yet lean body that can be seen through her tank top and pair of basketball pants. Lillian ties her waist-length red hair to a messy bun. She goes to wash her face and brush her teeth, wear her jacket then go downstairs to cook some breakfast.

While she's prepping to cook some brunch, she can hear footsteps behind her so she gives a brief glance. Comes in a figure, slightly taller person than her. a teenager with identical looks of a certain someone except he inherited Lily's neon green eyes and red hair colour.

"Good morning mom....", sleepily mumbled while rubbing his eyes.

"Morning to you too, Sammy.", said as she cracks few eggs into a bowl. She turns around to give her son, a quick pat on his head. Notices how he's a few inches taller than herself, she smiles happily. "Can you help me grab some plate?"

"Okay.", Sam go to the cabinet to get some plates and cutlery for two. The front doorbell ring through the house caught the attention of the two. Sam turned his head to mother. "Are we expecting someone?"

"No.. I did not. Shoot. Can you please get the door, I'm a little busy right now.", she told him as she pours the egg batter for omelettes on the heated nonstick pan, greased with butter. Sam nodded his head before he heads toward the front door.

The younger redhead face lit up when he sees a familiar figure through the mosaic glass front door. He opens the door excited, jumps to Nathan, giving him a hug.

"Uncle Nathan!", the younger Drake gives him a hug as well then ruffles his red hair. Whilst, behind him, the older Drake, eyes widen and mouth a gape of the child who appears by the door. The familiar face of the child certainly reminded him of his younger self.

Younger Sam let go with a grin on his face, still have not noticed the presence behind Nathan. He opens the door wide to let them into the living room.

"Nice to see you, buddy, how are you and your mom?", Nathan asked making their way to the living room, Sam behind him also follow along in silence. Deep in thoughts, he knit his brows as he slowly figuring it out but not so sure if his theory is correct.

"We doing okay! Do you want to come to eat breakfast with us? It's been a while since you come over to visit us! I'm sure she's not bothered by it.", Nathan nods his head as respond. "How about Aunty Elena?"

"She's doing okay as well, thanks, buddy."

"Sammy! Who are you talking with, dear?", Lily shout out from the kitchen which causes for older Sam to flinched toward the high pitched and soft voice he hasn't heard after for so long. The voice he longed during his time in prison.

"It's Uncle Nathan mom! He comes by to visit!", younger Sam replied back in the same tone, used by the redhead. A few cluttering can be heard from the kitchen before there's a reply back.

"Oh great! I'll be right there! Come on in Nate!"

Get in the living room, Nathan goes to sit down by the couch follow with Sam sits on the single sofa. Younger Sam just notices the older Drake, stare at him for quite a while and he burrows his brow with a suspicious expression. Not only he feels slightly uncomfortable for the familiar face, but he also feels a bit uneasy to see the person in front of him.

"Is this your friends' uncle Nathan?", politely asked as he stares at Sam, proceed to sit down on a single sofa across the older Drake.

"No, this is my older brother, go on introduce yourself to him.", Nathan answered then gestured to Sam. The latter nod his head in acknowledgement.