♡︎tom nook x reader #1

art credit : @badturquoise on instagram, check out their art it's so amazing 🥺
song recommendation :

PROM DRESS-MXMTOON
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I get out of bed still thinking about the dream I had last night. Even though I have pretty bad memory and have a hard time remembering dreams, this one I just can't get out of my head. The image of the sly raccoon keeps appearing in my mind. I can't even focus on my bug catching.

As I am about to throw my net to catch this huge Agrias butterfly, out of nowhere someone appears right in front of me. And lo and behold there he is. It's Tom Nook. I gasp and immediately remove my net from him. "Oh my gosh I'm so sorry! Are you alright?" I say, as a bright red hue appears on my face. He fixes the fur on his head a bit and laughs "It's alright ,you probably didn't see me but I'm glad I found you! I was just looking for you". My eyes widen, what ever in the world would he need from me? Don't tell me i forgot to pay off my loan again-

"W-what is it?" I manage to choke out. He smiles and says "Well this mind sound awkward but, I saw you in my dream last night and I haven't stopped thinking about you since-". I gasp (again) and cover my face with my hands 'He must be joking... What are the odds?!'

Nook stops himself when he sees my reaction. "I just realized how weird that actually was. I'm sorry if I made you uncomfortable I didn't realize it really- Ahh I should get going ,yes.. Pretend this neve-". As I hear him ramble to himself I understand how I might have come off as rude with the way I reacted. He looks so cute right now, and without a second thought I push my lips on his. He looks (pleasantly) surprised and quickly kisses back. I cup his face with my hands and he puts his on my waist. Mr Tom Nook is a better kisser than I thought...

After a short while we pull back from each other and I try to avoid his gaze, kind of embarrassed from what I just did. One of his hands comes to my chin and he gently brings my face up, as my eyes meet his. His dark blue orbs pierce into mine and he kisses me again ,smiling into the kiss. I, of course kiss back and when he pulls away he hugs me tight. "I can't believe that that just happened" he says. I hug him back just as hard and nuzzle into his shoulder. "Me neither".

When we eventually stop hugging he holds my hands and says "So all it took was for me to tell you that I dreamt of you? Had I known I would've come and told you a long time ago!".
I chuckle and confess that I too had a similar experience. "You were on my mind all morning , I just did it without thinking hoping that you would react the same way" I say shyly.
Tom laughs and shakes his head "So would it be appropriate for me to ask you on a date now?". "I'm not sure... is it?" I laugh and kiss his cheek. "What about tonight? 8-ish, at the Roost?", I blush and whisper "I would like that". He kisses my hand before he leaves and says "See you there then".

I wave goodbye at him as he walks away, going back to his store. I watch him ,still a blushing mess, trying to remember whatever I was supposed to be doing right now (other than thinking about Tom of course). Guess that butterfly flew away...