♡︎Bob x reader #1

art credit : @ko2mada2 on twitter check them out !!
song recommendation:

KOLORS-MONTE BOOKER, SMINO
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Another incredibly hot day in town today. Bob and I decided that it would be fun if we had a light stroll around Main Street, check out Able Sisters and maybe have fun with the Nookies. Bob is a very close friend of mine, ever since I moved in here he was always there for me. We did have kind of a rocky start but that just made our friendship even stronger.

I liked to think that we had feelings for each other, but we always put our friendship over that. We just couldn't afford to lose something so great. Everyone in town loved to gossip about how me and him are "dating" , even though that wasn't ever true. I kind of get where they come from actually. We joke around a lot and we do fake flirt pretty often. He does confuse me sometimes and it just makes me fall for him even more. Yes, it kind of hurts and I do wish we were something more at times, but the happiness I felt around him wasn't something I wanted to risk losing. And I guess he felt the same way.

The time is now 6 pm and we just finished our little run. We sat on the bench at the edge of the cliff and for the past 10 minutes, we were just looking at the clouds ,pointing at them and trying to find ones that looked like other things. I find one that looks like a heart and then look at him. He notices the cloud too and turns to me "Hey doesn't that one look like a heart?!" he exclaims. I nod and smile. I then look back at the sky and try to find another cloud ,but I can't.

I turn to face him again and he does too. "Is something up?" he questions me. I cant help but smile knowing that he cares about me. "Oh, it's nothing really" I say and look at my hands. "You know you can tell me anything right?" he asked ,getting even more curious because of his feline nature. I take his hand into mine and take a deep breath. "Bob, what are we exactly..?" ,he cocks his head to the side and furrows his eyebrows. "What do you mean?", I know he understood what i meant and I ask again. "Us ,what is our relationship?" , he swallows and looks away "I don't understand. We are best friends," my heart cracks at the name and he continues "did something happen?"

I hold back tears as I realize that he might not in fact have feelings for me at all. What if I had imagined it all? Could it just be his personality? I hadn't ever really noticed how he acted around others ,was I not that special after all? I try to gather all the courage I have left and simply confess to him , it might be worth a try. "Bob I, really really like you. More than a friend, or best friend for that matter. I wish I didn't actually but it was inevitable. Falling for you was too easy, you are really dreamy you know that? I cherish our friendship too much and you are the best friend anyone could ever have ,but I can't hold it in anymore. It hurts me knowing that doing this right now is putting "us" in risk but I'm willing to take that. If you do not like me the same way, just tell me." and a single tear rolls down my cheek.

Bob looks quite dumbfounded. Seeing that there was no response I get off the bench to avoid any more awkwardness but he quickly grabs my arm. "Wow. Are you serious right now?" He says in a happier tone than before. Wait, so he isn't mad at me? "Damn I didnt know you felt the same way. I've tried ignoring my feelings for you for so long, and in the end you actually want me?"

I feel a huge weight come off my shoulder and I can smile again. This was one of the hardest things I have ever done. "I thought you wanted to stop being friends with me for a second there, I got quite scared not gonna lie haha" He gets up and hugs me. A few more tears escape from my eyes as I hug him back ,whispering in his ear how happy I feel knowing his true feelings.

---------------------
AN: hiii so um what's up 😎 So this was actually supposed to be an angsty type of imagine but i felt too bad and didn't want our little bob to seem mean T^T
please tell me your thoughts on this chapter!!