𝓞𝓷𝓮

"Stephan, your father and I have some news" the freckled 16 year-old looked up from his book to face his mother and listened to what she was going to say. "So we lost our funding for our research and we um...we need to move back to New York now" with this news, Stephan got excited. He's lived in Africa for most of his life with him mother, father, and for a short period of time, his twin sister, Frances. Who moved back to America after begging their parents to leave, and living with relatives when she left.

This memory re-played in Stephan's mind as he set his books in his bag. Today would be his first day of school. Ever. He was quite excited actually. And not only because of this new experience, but because this would also be the first time he would see his twin sister after many years apart. With this thought in mind, Stephan zipped up his bag, slung it over his shoulder, took one last look of his box-filled room, and walked out.

Washington High School. A very tall, crowded area with a variety of personalities. Jocks, geeks, artists, musicians, etc. A little bit of everything all around.

'I can do this' Stephan thought as he took a deep breath and took one step forward. As soon as he did so, a yellow school bus zoomed past, almost taking him with it. After a few seconds of standing in his same position, he looked at both sides of the road to make sure it was safe to walk now.

'Well, at least I didn't actually get hit by the bus' the freckled teen thought as he entered his new school. He looked around the atmosphere at what some people would call 'Your normal, basic high school'. But again, Stephan Laurens has been homeschooled his whole life. This was all new.

He was told to go to the classroom of a teacher named Mr. Mulligan. He stepped into the room and immediately, all eyes were to turned to look at him. Some murmuring things like 'Do we know him?' and 'Is he new?' It was kinda uncomfortable to have everyone looking at him so he distracted himself by looking for a seat. Finding one in the second to last row and walked over to it. He sat down and after a few moments he heard someone speak.

"You don't want to sit there" Stephan turned to the source of the voice to see a girl with many, many brown curls looking down drawing in what seemed to be a sketchbook.

"Um...why" he asked.

"Joseph Alston's girlfriend sits there and I don't think you would want to deal with their crap" she said still not looking up. Stephan really didn't know how to react to this. Should he just move or...But his thinking process was interrupted by the girl starting to talk again. "Here, you can take this seat. Georges just uses it to put his bag on".

At that moment, the girl turned around to the seat behind her and reached for the bag sitting on the chair, grabbing her. As she did this, Stephan noticed she had freckles scattered all over her face just like his. The girl then threw the bag to the guy next to her and looked back down to her drawing.

"Hey" said the guy in what sounded like an annoyed tone. But Stephan wasn't paying much attention to him. He was carefully placing himself in his seat as what he presumed was the teacher walked in and waited for everyone to get quiet.

"Ok class" he said. Nothing changed. "Class" still nothing. "CLASS" he said loudly, now silencing the student. "Thank you. Now we are supposed to have a new student joining us today uh...Stephan. Stephan Laurens. Are you here?" He said glancing around the room.

"Oh. Yes I'm here" Stephan said.

"Great. So class this is Stephan. He just moved here from Australia"

"Africa" Stephan corrected quickly.

"Ok. So here's all the stuff you'll need. Locker combination and schedule. I see you have math with the seniors. You must have had a really great teacher" he said as he handed Stephan a piece of paper. Stephan read the man's name tag and saw that in fact it was Mr. Mulligan.

"I actually was homeschooled. And I like math, so it's really easy" Stephan said earning a few weird out looks from students.

"Well then you should definitely sign up for our Mathletes team. We would love to have you join us"

"Ok, well I think about it" Stephan responded soft as he sat back down and getting ready for his first ever class.

His other classes where definitely not what he expected. Teachers would yell at him for the most weirdest reasons.

"You're late!"

"You can't go to the bathroom without the pass!"

"I'm not going to give you the pass, so get back to work!"

And other things he could pronounce form his German teacher. All of this and it was barely now the lunch period.

Stephan got his food (which looked disgusting I might add) and looked around for a place to sit. Crowded tables. That's all he could see. After walking around for a bit he found an empty seat and was about to sit down when a person near him maneuvered their hand to stop him.

"Sorry. This seat is taken" they said a bit harshly. So Stephan just moved on. It was fine. There was probably another seat somewhere else.

And there was. But that same thing would happen. Over and over again. Stephan had traveled all over the cafeteria and still didn't have anywhere to sit. And do you know what he did?

He made his way to the boys bathroom, food tray in hand. Walked into one of the empty stalls and sat down there. All by himself.

This is not what he expected at all. He thought this whole high school thing would be easier. But it was the complete opposite. He had teachers who yelled at him and teens that wouldn't even so much as pay attention to his presence. Like he was invisible.

'This is going to be a tough year' he thought as he took a deep breath and looked down at his disgusting food.

So...it's been a hot minute but it's here! This is my birthday to Paniiny_ . So HAPPY BIRTHDAY PANY!!
Anyway, tell me what you think in comments, vote if you liked it, and I'll update as soon as possible. But then again this took me months to get out but you get my point. So ok bye :)