🌹Chapter LXXXV

<Loki's POV>

"Loki, let's go!" Za yells.

"Where?" I yell back. Oh, right. Arthur. I quickly grab my sketchbook and pencil bag, and run downstairs. I almost trip on a step, jumping down the last two. I put my shoes on and run to the garage. Za's fiddling with their keys. "I'm here. I'm here."

"What do you want for breakfast? We'll stop somewhere on the way there."

'McDonald's? I would love a biscuit sandwich." Za smiles and pulls into the drive-thru. They order a large coffee and my bacon biscuit sandwich. I take my sandwich and start to wolf it down. We arrive at a different building than normal.

"Welcome to the rehearsal studio," Za says. I slowly nod. "Arthur's working here today, and he wanted you to be here."

"Oh. Cool." I follow them into the building and they take a drink of their coffee. I shriek as someone pokes the back of my neck, whirling around to see Arthur. "You're mean."

"Sure am. How's it going, Loki?"

"Good. What are we doing here?"

"Well, kid, I'm about to show you what costume designers actually do." I turn around to talk to Za, but they've disappeared. "C'mon, kid."

I follow him down the hallway and into a large room. There's a folding table and a few chairs against the wall, which Arthur leads me to. He sits down, pulling out a notebook and a folder.

"What's all that?" I ask.

"These are my design notes, costume sketches, etcetera."

"Cool."

"Your job today is just to pay attention."

"Oh."

"Sorry I don't have anything cooler, but I wanted you to try the boring work for a day."

"It's fine. I'm interested." A woman walks over with a man, and they both look at me.

"Loki, this is our director, Alex Rodriguez, and choreographer, Hannah Lopez. This is Loki, my..."

"Apprentice?" I suggest.

"Yeah, we'll go with that," Arthur laughs.

"You're Via's kid, aren't you?" the woman, Hannah, asks. I nod. "Got it."

"They're shadowing me for the day."

"That's fine. Rehearsal starts in half an hour. We just wanted to discuss some last minute notes." They both sit down. "Could we get a piece of jewelry for Hyde?"

"For Hyde?"

"Yes. Preferably something that resembles something from Jekyll's costume."

"A darker version?"

"Precisely." Arthur jots down notes. "And Lucy's costume needs to have a garter."

"Yep. Garter. Got it."

"And I need more detailing on the engagement party costumes."

"Okay."

"There was one last thing..."

"Jekyll and Hyde?" I whisper to Arthur. He nods and I slowly nod. He passes me the folder and I open it to find several sketches of outfits.

"Oh, yes. I need confirmation on the wedding dresses."

"Yes, I know. None of the ideas are perfect, though."

"Well, you have an apprentice. Why don't you ask her?"