🌹Chapter LCVIII

<Via's POV>

"Mom! Za!" Loki screams. We both run to the living room and they're crying. "Baby!"

"Beth, car," I say. She runs off and I carefully help Loki stand. They lean on me heavily as we walk out to the car.

"Damian," they mumble.

"Shh. We'll call him when we're in the car." They nod and I help them into the backseat. I gently stroke their scalp and they squeeze their eyes shut. I dial Damian's number, sighing.

"Hello?" he mumbles.

"Hey, Damian. Loki's going into the hospital right now."

"Oh, shit. I'll be there, give me a moment." I tell him which hospital it is and Loki whines in pain. They reach over and grip my hand.

"Loki? How are you, honey?" Beth asks.

"I feel like I'm going to explode!"

"Okay, honey. We're almost there, don't worry." I wince as Loki's fingernails dig into my palm.

"How the fuck did my mom do this?" they cry. "This fucking sucks!"

"You'll be drugged up in a few minutes," I say. Beth shoots me a look in the mirror and Loki giggles. We arrive at the hospital and I help them inside. I get a wheelchair for them and they get taken back almost immediately. Beth goes with them while I get the paperwork.

I sit in the waiting room, filling out boring forms. Damian runs over, panting. He's in pajama pants and a backwards t-shirt.

"Where are they?" he pants.

"Back there. Beth's with them." He sighs and sits down. "You should go in. They'd want you to be there."

"I'm going to ask them to marry me," he says, holding up a ring box. I look up from the paperwork and stare at him. "Do I have your blessing?"

"If you're willing to be responsible and take care of them and a baby at such a young age, then you have my permission," I say. He grins widely. "Now, go back and be with them."

He gets up and I continue filling out paperwork. I finally finish and take it to the counter. I walk down the hallway and into the room. Loki's half-asleep, Beth is sitting in a chair, and Damian is pacing around.

"Damian, sit down," I say. He quickly sits on the floor and Loki laughs at him.

"Sit with me," they say to him, patting the edge of the bed. Damian sheepishly gets up and sits on the bed with them. I walk over and sit next to Beth, sighing. She plays with my hair, humming.

"You look like a Disney prince right now," she says. "Fluffy hair and all."

"Uh huh."

•••

About 24 hours later, Loki's holding their baby son, Tony. There's two nurses hovering over them. Beth has her phone out, recording everything on video. The nurses leave and Damian sits back down with them.

"Mom, Za," Loki whispers. They look up at us, their eyes shining. "This is my baby. I- I have a baby."

I see Damian reach into his pocket and I nod to him. He grins and gets up from the bed.

"Hey, don't leave me," Loki whines. Damian gets on his knee and they gasp. Beth looks at me and I smirk.

"Loki Groff," Damian says. "I love you, and I want to raise our baby together. Will you marry me?"

"Yes!" Loki cries, sobbing. Damian gets up from the floor, putting the ring on their finger. They look down at the sleeping baby. "You hear that, Tony? Your daddy and I are getting married!"

"Beth, put the phone away," I whisper. She smiles and turns off the video. Loki looks at me and I smile at them. "Congratulations."

"You wanna hold him, Za?" they ask. "He's your grandson, after all."

"I think Damian should hold him," I say. Loki smiles and hands the blanket bundle to Damian. Beth puts her arm around my waist, smiling.

"What are we going to be?" she asks. "Because I'm too young to be called Grandma."

"I've been thinking Za should still be Za," Loki says. "And you can be-" they yawn widely- "like, Nana."

They close their eyes, falling asleep against Damian's shoulder. Damian smiles, still holding the baby. Tony has brown skin, closer to Damian's skin color than Loki's.

"You should be Zaza," Beth whispers to me.

"That's a really hard thing for a small child to say. He can call me whatever he wants." Beth smiles and kisses me. "I'll go home and get some overnight stuff."

"I'll come with. I want to sleep in a bed tonight." I scoff and kiss her, smirking. I pat Damian's shoulder as we walk to the door. He looks at us in confusion.

"I'll be back in about an hour." He nods. "Welcome to the family."

"Thank you, Via."

A/N

Yes, Tony is named after the Tony Awards. 

Thanks for reading, everyone!

Love y'all!