Chapter 1

Y/n was young when it happened. The scientists stormed the home, and separated Y/n from her parents. Ever since she was 6 years old, she has been a test subject for Aperture Science.

10 YEARS LATER

I can stil hear my parents screams in my mind.

"Y/N! NO!" My dad screams as I'm being taken away.

"MY BABY!" My mother desperately screaming her lungs out in agony, covered in her own tears.

The last thing I remember is the sound of glass breaking.

That's when I woke up, gasping for air from the nightmare.

I woke up on a soft bed, surrounded by a closet, a desk, and a large window. A painting of a palm tree sits on a wall below a TV screen. Adjacent to that is a framed painting on the wall.. But everything is broken.

My head starts to pound. Where am I? Am I still in Aperture? Whats going on?

My thoughts get interrupted by a British voice speaking to me through the door.

"Hello? Anyone in there?"

Could that possibly be someone here to save me?

I rush to get up from the bed and run to the door. I open it and come face to face with a blue, one-eyed, particularly small spherical robot.

I expected to see a human instead of a robot. I didn't think a robot sounded THAT human. Because of this, I know where I am now. Still in Aperture thats for sure.

"Hello! Was I not the one you expected to see?"

Did he read my mind?

I nod, with a sorrowful smile.

"Thats quite alright, love. Can I come in?"

I open the door farther open so he could come in. He slides down the management rail, to the middle of the room.

"You've been in suspension for a long time. Are you aware of that, love?"

First of all, why does he keep calling me love? Second, what the hell is suspension?

I shake my head, and he responds with,

"That's fine. Also, you might have brain damage"

Excuse me?! I might not know what suspension is, but you didn't have to say that! Wow that was mean. . .

First, I give a look of shock, then my eyes start to well up.

The robot noticed this and said,

"Oh my gosh, love! Did that offend you? I'm so sorry! I didn't mean to offend you! Oh, love, please don't cry!"

I turn my head towards him and give a sad look.

"Please don't be sad. A pretty woman shouldn't deserve to be sad. Cheer up, love"

P-pretty? He thinks I'm pretty?

I blush through my tears and wipe my face.

"I-I'm sorry"

I said with a dry throat.

The robot slides forward to me and says,

"Oh darlin' there's nothing for you to be sorry for! It is me who should be sorry! I shouldn't have said that"

I wipe all my tears, and say,

"It's okay. I was just startled by the remark"

I say, still with a raspy throat.

"Well, now that you're okay, we can go to the first test! How about that?"

I nod.

"What's your name?"

I ask him, quietly.

"I'm Wheatley! And before you tell me, I already know your name. I saw it in a file before I came"

I thought for a moment.

"Did you happen to come across F/n L/n (fathers name and last name) and M/n l/n (mothers name and last name)?"

Wheatley looks around and says,

"Not sure, but let's get going!"

He slides into the box above the room, and says,

"You might want to hold onto something. Word of advice. Up to you"

The compartment closes, and I grab onto the empty hangar rack in the broken closet with no doors.

Wheatley starts to make the room move, and I grip the bar tighter, then when I got used to the movement, I loosened my grip.

Every minute felt like a grueling hour of torture every time Wheatley crashed into something.

"Up ahead is one of the old testing tracks! There's a piece of equipment in there that were going to need to get out of here! I think this is a docking station! Get ready!"

Wheatley crashes into a wall, and drives the room backwards as pieces of the wall crumbles apart.

"Good news! That is not a docking station! There's one mystery solved. I am attempting a manual override on this wall. Could get a bit technical. Hold on!"

Wheatley crashes into the wall again, sending my body forward a bit. I bring myself back.

"Remember, were looking for a gun that makes holes! Not bullet holes, but- well you'll figure it out! Seriously do hold on this time!"

As Wheatley crashes into the wall, I'm flung forward onto the bed, facing the ceiling.

"And there we go!"

Wheatley says as he comes out of the box above me.

"Oh my! Are you hurt at all?"

Wheatley says, worried.

"No I'm okay"

"Good! Here's your first chamber!"

I get up from the bed and face Wheatley.

"Thanks, Wheatley. I'll see you later!"

He watches me as I jump into the chamber.