part four

Speechless is the right word to describe how Minju is feeling

It has been over a few days since that.. traumatising incident at the Lius happened and Minju still can't get over it yet. Her heart aches for Yangyang everytime the scene replays in her mind.

It was shocking - yes - definitely. But Yangyang's reaction after the whole situation was what shocked her the most.

She remember standing up on weak knees - from her own traumatising episode - her eyes glued on the broken pieces of Yangyang's passion - lying there, mangled beyond repair. She swore she heard her own heart break at the sight of the wood breaking.

But Liu Yangyang just stood there and when Minju finally glanced at him with her eyes that swam with empathy and pity, he shot her a glare then told the maids to take the violin to repair with his voice empty of emotion.

It was as if that violin didn't matter to him. As if it was just some pathetic instrument that looked like a guitar but sounds more dramatic and expensive. Like it was nothing.

"No way." She mutters to herself, placing the music box for the window display - careful to not put it over the center mark. "No way he didn't care."

Minju can still remember Yangyang walking back up to his room with such heavy shoulders and steps while she followed far behind him to give him his space.

When they got into his room, she didn't question why he went straight to his elevated bed area and lay himself on his bed, an arm over his eyes. Instead, she hesitantly but quietly packed her things, wrote him a note and silently padded out of his bedroom, closing the doors as quietly as she could.

The bell rings softly, alerting Minju and his co-worker - the first costumer this early in the morning.

"Goodmorning." The customer, a tall man with a simple suit and white gloves on, greets Minju's co-worker Taeil, walking to the counter. "Repair this please."

Taeil looks down at the big box the man was holding - where the broken instrument lays. He jumped of pure shock, "Holy mother of Godㅡ!". Then his face instantly contorts to a questioning look as if the guy gave him a little girl's broken doll to fix.