part five

"I'm heading to class now

"I'm heading to class now. Don't be late Minju." Jeno reminded her, accepting the incoming call from Donghyuck while taking his stuff then heading out of the library in a hurry.

But that was almost ten minutes ago, the ringing bell went unnoticed and Minju hasn't even moved from her position yet. Her eyes are glued on her computer screen, the almost finished project story in display. She was working on it during the lunchbreak with Jeno sitting across her, finishing his history essay.

Minju's mind flies back to the scene in the Lius' resident once again for the nth time ever since she left. It's unbelievable how such an incident can occupy her mind constantly. Even she thinks it's astonishing.

"Maybe if you stop thinking of how to murder the killer in our story - perhaps we can actually finish it."

She blinks and her eyes shoot up to meet Liu Yangyang's trademark, sassy expression pursing his lips and moving his finger on the touchpad to open their document.

Wow, Minju didn't see nor sensed him arrive at all. That's how deep she was in her thoughts.

"S-sorry. Don't worry though- I-I did work on it during lunchbreak." She stammers, suddenly feeling guilty.

Yangyang furrows his brows up then shaking his head before sighing. He averts his eyes back to the document and starts editing Minju's text. But when Yangyang finishes and Minju hasn't written anything new, he looks up to see her staring at him - like she wants to tell him something so bad.

"Have you been staring at me this whole time?ㅡ" Yangyang asks rather sharply, cutting through the calm atmosphere.

Minju spoke almost immediately after his question, "How are you feeling?" she asks - not stammering, eyes narrowing slightly and ready to analyse his facial expression.

Once again, he is taken aback by her sudden unhesitant outburst as if she wasn't just flabbergasting when Yangyang caught her glaring at the microsmall air molecules a while ago.

When Yangyang finally catches up to her question, his stunned face changes to a standoffish one - an expression telling people to back off.

"Look, it's none of your business. I'm not going to open up to you now and I never will. It's too late now. You chose to leave." Yangyang tells her off, momentarily closing his eyes and taking a deep breath to calm himself down a bit.