1. We Have an Announcement

"Are you sure that this is a good idea?" I whined as I threw myself onto the bed in Ryan's bedroom, "Don't you think they'll be disappointed?"

     "Are you crazy?" Ryan laughed as he entered the room, "Why would they be disappointed?"

     "Have you read the comments on the post you made?" I pulled out my phone and went to instagram to prove my point. I clicked on their most recent post, a black background with white text reading Big Announcement. Livestream in Five Days, and scrolled to the comments to read them. I chose a few to read aloud. "'Omg I bet it's new music!' 'Yes! can't wait for new music!' 'Oh it better be new music!' 'If it ain't new music...' Your fans are excited for music, not a mysterious fourth sibling you've been hiding from everyone!"

     I looked up from my phone to see that Adam and Jack had walked into the room.

     "Skylar," Jack sighed, "You know our fans will be excited regardless of the content of the announcement. For all they care, we could say, 'hey! I'm gonna where a black shirt to perform now' and they would still go ballistic."

     I laughed at his remark, letting the guys know that I felt better, and walked out of the bedroom to continue to grab what we needed for the livestream. I grabbed the ukulele off the hook in the living room, and the chord for Adam's bass from the box by the couch. I went and grabbed the tripod for the phone, and picked up a charger too, just in case.

     "Is there anything else we need?" I shouted from across the apartment.

     "I don't think so!" All three said in unison. It always creeps me out when they do that.

     "Ok!" I replied. I noticed that what I had grabbed was starting to slip out of my hands. Slightly panicked, I called to Ryan, "hey Ry! Um.. I'm kinda in a pickle, could you come and grab some stuff from me before I drop it all?"

     He comes rushing into the kitchen, where I am standing, with Jack and Adam in tow. Before he helps me, he laughs and takes a photo of me, like he has with other embarrassing moments of mine for the past few months. He says that they won't go anywhere, but he only started taking photos like this after we had all decided that we were going to tell the public that I existed, so I'm slightly suspicious.

    Ryan takes the ukulele from my arms and Jack grabs the tripod, leaving me holding the charger and the bass chord. I follow the boys back into the bedroom and set the tripod up.

     "You remember the plan?" Adam asks me. I can't help but snicker at this comment because we've run over this so called plan at least fifteen times in the past three days. But because I love to push their buttons, I look up at my brothers with a look of feigned confusion and give them a response.

     "What plan?" I asked innocently. I held back my laughter as I wanted the color drain from Ryan's face. Both Jack and Adam knew I was kidding, but wanted to see Ryan's reaction as much as  I did.

    "Are you serious?" He stammered,"Dont you remember?" He took my silence as a no, so he relayed the plan for the 16th time in 72 hours. "We are going to start the livestream saying that the announcement is to come at the end of it, and that we are gonna play some songs for them untill then, taking open requests. During this, you," he pointed sharply at me, "are going to be behind the camera,  SILENTLY watching until the last song. Then you will come out to sing it with us, and then we will say that you are the announcement and that we have a fourth sibling."

     After Ryan had completed his drill sargent low down, and Adam, Jack and I had calmed down after hysterically laughing,we went to our respective places, and began the stream.

--Time Skip: 1 hour--

     "Thank you guys for coming to our stream!" Jack said enthusiastically, "We are gonna play one more song for you, and then we will share the announcement with you all!"

     This was my cue to get up from behind the camera, so that's what I did. I carefully got out of the chair I was sitting in and made my way over to Adam, as Jack was playing the first few chords on the ukulele. I knew that at some point, I was going to have to sing on my own, I just wasn't sure when.

"Please vocal chords" I thought to myself, "don't fail me now."

--Time Skip: 3 mins--

     Thankfully, the song went well. I was able to sing correctly on my solo lines, and the boys seemed to enjoy themselves a little bit more then they had all stream, so I took that as good news. I was almost to euphoric to realize that Ryan was talking to the stream again, but thankfully, Jack tapped me on the arm and snapped me back to reality to catch the end of Ryan's sentence.

     "-by now," Was what I caught. He probably said 'As you have guessed by now,' but I'm not entirely sure. I decided not to dwell on it and continue listening, "our announcement has to do with the very talented and lovely young lady that you saw join us for this last song. This, ladies and gentlemen, is Skylar, our younger sister, and we are proud to announce that, as of today, she is an official member of AJR!"

     The boys started clapping in a very over the top manner, but it made me happy knowing that they were truly proud of me. I turned to the camera and waved. I wasn't sure what to say so I just went with the generic response.

     "Hi guys!" I started, "I'm sorry that the announcement isn't new music, I hope that this is just as good though!"

     We ended the livestream shortly after, and we saved it to our posts so people who couldn't make the live could still watch it. Almost immediately after doing so, comments started flooding in. Jack grabbed the phone and began to read them aloud, just as I had done about an hour prior.

     "'No way! They have a sister! I can't believe it!' 'Can't wait to hear her sing in the future!' 'She's adorable!' 'Why did you wait until now?! We could have known this amazing info YEARS ago! Come on guys!'" Jack laughed to himself, "do you still think they'll hate you?" He said, slyly.

     I gave him a gentle shove, which escalated very quickly into a four way pillow fight, still unsure how but it was fun, but once that was over I finally responded to his question.

     "No, I don't" I said simply, "But what I do know it that it is late and I need sleep. So I'm gonna go do that. Have fun with your music stuff nerds!"

     "Hey we're not nerds!" Ryan shouted, as he ran after me across the apartment. I was able to get to my room and close and lock the door before he got to me so I was spared for the time being.

     I got myself ready for bed rather quickly, and then did what I normally do when the boys are working, eavesdrop on the production process as I fall asleep. But today, that wasn't my main focus. Today I fell asleep knowing that my brothers fans liked me, and would now be considered my fans too. I fell asleep knowing that I could be my weird, weird self for all the world to see.
-
-
-
AHHHHHHHHH! I did it! I wrote the first story! Also, like my lyrical reference I made at the end? Anyways, I thought I would start with an introduction type thing as the first one. I'm gonna keep working on more stories, I've got some ideas that I want to see if I can flesh out into a good short story. Alright, that's all. BYE!