Matters of the Heart

When did his life become so complicated?

Robb kept asking himself that question laying in bed listening to his fiancee's soft snores while it poured heavily outside his family's home in Winterfell as lightning flashed followed by the rumbling sound of thunder, causing him to wake from his reverie.

Normally the sound of heavy rain always seemed to put him to sleep, but the person laying next to him was making it hard to go to get any sleep.

She wasn't supposed to be here. He reminded himself for the tenth time.... And now he was worried she might ruin his careful laid out plans.

Turning his head slightly to look at her, Robb could only shake his head in disbelief at her just showing up out of the blue surprising both him and his family. His mother played it off coyly welcoming her inside, while he was dumbfounded about the entire situation, looking at his father for assistance, yet none came from the patriarch of the Stark family, Sansa smirked at his misfortune while Rickon looked on from his dinner pretending to care about the lamb-chops the cook made that night for dinner, wanting nothing more than to rush back upstairs to go play Overwatch with his online friends.

Silently growling to himself for all of this mess he now found himself in. Realizing he should've done something else instead of going straight to work for the family's financial company straight out of grad school.

That was how he met Talisa and her family, his mother had been gushing about the Volantine young lady for months, telling him they would be a perfect match. Which on a business point of view there was nothing greater than a marriage alliance between the Starks and Maegyrs. They were a prominent family with loads of political connections and influences in Essos, something that could always come in handy to cut through tape.

Shaking his head once more, he would not allow her to ruin his mini vacation......She was supposed to be in Dorne with her family vacationing in Sunspear for the remainder of the summer, he and his family were supposed to meet with them for the final leg of their vaction. Yet she arrived straight from Volantis to his parent's home, claiming she just could not wait to see him. It wasn't really his fault he'd been ignoring her while someone else took up his time.

Suddenly thinking about Marge, brought a smile to his worried face.

Shuffling out of bed, picking his phone up noticing it was only a few minutes after midnight, as he unlocked it looking at the five text messages, going first to the ones Margaery sent him, a thin smile crossed his lips reading her messages he would read the others that came from both Theon and Jon later.

7:55 pm "Having a movie night with Dany, wish you were here.... Miss you 😘"

11:04 pm "Let me know if you're still coming over to help on Thursday before we leave for Essos, can't wait to spend the remainder of the summer with my two favorite people in the world 💋"