stoner stanley

─── ∙ ~εïз~ ∙ ───

─── ∙ ~εïз~ ∙ ───

aofie jenkins walked down her road in annoyance - her little brother was quite irritating.

her bare shoulders were a barrier to cold air, nevertheless, she walked through it like it were nothing.

she strolled forward and no idea what was happening around her because she was too into her music. her white earphones protected her ears from the outside world yet projected music into them.

her black boots clamped onto the ground as she climbed the two stairs of the yellow school bus. she walked down the aisle with her head up, glancing at everyone.

aofie took a seat near the back and placed her bag on the other one. she bopped her head as her favourite songs played through her mind.

"hello?" sydney novak repeated from behind the girl.

that was the fifth time sydney had said that not knowing the dark-skinned girl had earphones in.

a tap on aofie's back is what caught her attention. she quickly turned around and was face to face with the smaller red-head.

"sorry." she started as she peeled her earphones out, "couldn't hear you."

"it's fine." sydney sighed.

"is everything okay?" aofie asked.

"i-i just... sorry have we met?" sydney's face scrunched up.

"it's aofie, from mr file's science." she introduced herself.

"oh." sydney looked away in embarrassment, "right..."

"it's fine." aofie sighed, placing her earphones back in.

"no wait." sydney quickly stopped her.

"yeah?" aofie asked, coming off slightly rude.

"how are you sitting here without a jumper?" sydney questioned, "it's freezing."

"the cold doesn't really bother me." aofie shrugged, "is that all novak?"

"mhm." sydney nodded while eyeing her.

the girl began feeling bad, "do you want to sit next to me?" aofie offered.

"sure." sydney hummed as she gathered her things to take the seat next to her, "why not?"

as the two girls rode the bus to westinghouse memorial high school together, they talked the whole way.

aofie smiled at her new friend as she told her about her family.
"how old did you say your brother was?" sydney laughed.

"he's 15." aofie told him, "and he seems to be a chick magnet."

sydney smiled, "mines 11, he's a great brother."