football game

─── ∙ ~εïз~ ∙ ───

─── ∙ ~εïз~ ∙ ───

the trio were now sat on a bench quite far from the actual game. fifi and stan sat on the lower bench and syd sat on the table next to fifi.

fifi slurped the strawberry drink the boy had purchased for her as he applauded for the cheerleaders who shouted their school's chant.

"surprised you even come to this stuff." syd spoke, "it's so lame."

"its the opposite of lame syd," stan took a sip of his drink, "it's theatre, live theatre. westinghouse memorial school on a friday night, what could be more tragic?"

"yeah." fifi nodded with a laugh, "more.... shakespearean?"

"exactly!" stan grinned, "think about it. syd the moments the lights come up on hamlet, you know it's not gonna end well."

"when have any shakespeare plays ended well?" fiif challenged him.

"right." stan agreed as he passed her his sunglasses, "take mr bradley lewis. his best-case scenario is, what, managing some regional insurance sales company? where he gets to, i don't know-"

"he gives me employee of the month vibes." fifi stated.

"mhm!" stanley agreed, "i mean these are the people that will actually attend five, ten and twenty-year reunions, because aside from this, nothing else all that noteworthy is gonna happen. this is as good as it gets, and i like watching them, like hamlet, when everything goes shit in the end... and everyone dies."

"that was..." fifi munched on one of stan's nachos, "wow."

"depressing?" stan chuckled in slight embarrassment, "it's the best theatre in town."

"deep." fifi corrected him," it was de-" she stopped herself as number seven was brutally tackled to the ground.

"oh?"

"karma's a bitch." she smirked as everyone ran to help him up.

"ooh." stan wimced.

dina ran across the sidlines as bradley stood up and threw his helmet dowm.

"fuck!" he yelled as he stood on one foot.

the pep rallly began cheering for their golden boy nevertheless.

"yeah, bradley!" stan clapped, gaining a chuckle from syd and a weird look from fifi, "go bradley, whooo!"

"are you serious?" fifi scoffed.

"you gotta love him." stan shrugged.

"agree to disagree."

─── ∙ ~εïз~ ∙ ───