Maybe One Day - Jennie Kim

Trigger warning : addiction, and abuse

•••

New day. New school. Same life. That's what Jennie muttered to herself when she woke up to the sound of her alarm.

Jennie Ruby Jane Kim or simply known as Jennie. Her family moved into this secluded part of town to avoid things that are better to be left unspoken. She's an only child so one can only imagine how strict her parents could be. She doesn't have any friends because of two reasons. One, strict parents. Two, a closed off girl herself that has a life motto of "It's better to be alone than to have yourself be broken over and over again."

Going into a new school, knowing absolutely no one, and being labeled as the new kid, are things that are not new for her. Jumping from one school to another and from town to town has been a part of her whole existence.

Ever since her family got involved with that mess, everyday is just the same. But today, today's different. Because on this sunny Monday morning, she met the mysterious yet nice girl, Y/N.

"Okay class. Welcome to school year 2018! I hope we'll have a fruitful year ahead of us!" The old yet jolly teacher, Mrs. Oh, spoke to her students with an overly high energy.

"I see here in my class list that we have a new student." The teacher paused as she pushed her glasses up to get a better look of the new student's name.

"Jennie Kim?" Mrs. Oh called out and from the farthest seat at the back, the brown haired girl raised her hand to make herself known.

"Hello dear. If you don't mind, could you please come over here and introduce yourself?" Mrs. Oh is known to be the sweetest teacher that you'll ever meet. She's already 56 and has been teaching in this high school for 10 years now. Students love her because she's a jolly and approachable teacher. She loves her students like they are her own kids.

With a timid nod, Jennie stood up and immediately fixed her skirt to avoid it from riding up her thighs. She then looked straight and walked towards the front of the classroom.

Jennie took a heavy breath, and as she released it, she gave out a small smile. "Hi. I'm Jennie Kim and I am new in town." She bowed and looked at the teacher. Mrs. Oh was looking back at her urging her to say something more. But when the older woman noticed that Jennie won't speak anymore, she just welcomed the new student once again.

•••

Mrs. Oh's class has officially started 15 minutes ago and Jennie has been going in and out of her sleepy state. She doesn't know why school just makes her sleepy.

Another head bang from Jennie finally woke her up. Why? She just hit her forehead on her desk. She's sure that she'll have a bruise on that spot later on.

Jennie was finally awake. So when she raised her head up, she saw this tall but slim girl walking like a total ninja inside their room. The unknown girl had a slightly messed up school uniform but nevertheless, she looks beautiful.

The girl continued walking towards the back without catching other people's attention.

"Woah. She's a ninja." Jennie thought to herself as her eyes followed the girl who eventually sat on the empty seat beside her.

The still unknown girl looked at her and gave her a small smile.

"Hi. You must be new. I've never seen you before." The girl whispered while staring at the cat eyed girl. "I am Y/N. And you are?" The girl who is now known as Y/N spoke once again. Unfortunately, Jennie has no plans on making any friends and that seem to be Y/N's intention.