One Look - Lisa Manoban

Lisa's POV

4th year of high school yet I can't still tell her how I feel for her.

3 years of being her neighbor yet I still don't have the guts to approach her.

2 years of secretly liking her.

Why does talking to her have to be so hard?

I mean, I'm pretty sure she knows me already but why can't I just walk up to her and confess? Why is it so ha-

"Ms. Manoban. I would appreciate it if you would stop spacing out in my class." My history teacher's, Mr. Lee, voice broke me out of my trance.

Great. I just embarrassed myself once again.

I shook my head and cleared my throat. As I looked forward, I was met with Mr. Lee's annoyed face and my classmates' loud laughs. Everyone was looking at me but out of all the the eyes set upon me, my gaze landed back to her.

And there she is, Kang Y/N, sitting on her chair with an amused smile on her pretty face. She was clicking her pen and out of all the countless times that I stared at her, I have come to know that it's a habit of hers when she finds something interesting.

Like that one time at the school grounds. I was sat on a bench not far from her. She was writing something on her notebook when a stray cat approached her. And as soon as she started admiring the cat, she absentmindedly clicked her pen.

That's a weird habit, I know. But I find it adorable specially when she also has that soft smile plastered on her lips.

Kang Y/N is one of the most popular students here in school. That is why it's not surprising that girls and guys fight for her attention. What's surprising is that until now, nobody got to be with her. The only people that she hangs out with are her sister, Kang Seulgi, and her best friend, Son Chaeyoung.

Y/N might have few friends and somehow mysterious that leads to people having interest on her, but she's actually nice. She helps out in the library after school as a student assistant. And no. Stalking her is not the reason that I know that but because I see her there everytime I stay after classes to do my homework.

Aside from that, she also volunteers on the same charity that I volunteer to. But despite that, I never really got to talk to her. I don't know why but when it comes to her, I can't be the social butterfly that I usually am.

"Ms. Manoban! That's it! You're having detention after school!"

Did I seriously space out again? Oh Y/N. Your mesmerizing eyes and pretty face will bring me trouble.

•••

I have to sit on this chair for an hour and a half. I really got into Mr. Lee's nerves since he made sure that I'd die of boredom here. He just assigned Mrs. Hwang to look after me. But the thing is, she's a strict one. So I can't even use my phone cause it feels like her eyes were on me the entire time.

But alas! My detention is over. So here I am now, walking in this almost empty hall. It's almost 6 in the evening so it's not that surprising to see just few students here. They are the ones who went to the library or the ones who had practices in the gym.

Speaking of library, this detention made me miss the opportunity on seeing Y/N there. I swear. I'd never get into any teacher's bad side again.

I walked faster cause I just wanted to be home as soon as possible.

When I reached my locker, I put in my code and opened it. I retrieved the things that I need but a small piece of yellow paper sticked out from one of my books.