Be Alright - Park Chaeyoung

You are in one of the most popular girl groups in Korea.

While here I am, stuck in my bedroom thinking about why I was not enough.

You are out there, making millions of people happy.

While here I am, blaming myself for not being able to keep you happy.

You are loved by everyone.

While here I am wishing that I could turn back time so I can keep our love burning.

And you were playing with fire.

While I let myself be consumed with our memories that turned into ashes.

•••

"Rosie?" I broke the silence between my girlfriend and I as it is making me nervous all of a sudden.

"Baby?" I tried once again but I was met with silence. So I looked up and saw her eyes with tears threatening to fall. I'm confused. I don't know what's happening.

I got closer and held her hand but I felt a pang in my chest when she swatted my hands away.

"What's wrong?" The right words finally left my lips.

My eyes went down to her hands that is placed in front of her. She's trembling, and that's for sure.

"I'm sorry, Y/N." Rosé finally spoke for the first time tonight. We were supposed to be having a movie marathon here in my house but she came here in that state. She's really beautiful but no offense, she looks like a mess right now. And that doesn't sit well with me.

"Huh? What are you being sorry about?"

It's silent for a few more moments and when she looked back at my eyes, I saw guilt and sadness flashing in those beautiful brown orbs of hers.

"I didn't mean to hurt you. But I made a silly mistake." I stayed silent, letting her continue even though my heart is pounding out of my chest.

"When you went to my house the other night, those cigarettes on the counter weren't Ashley's." Ashley is her best friend and that girl smokes a lot.

"Then, who are those?" I went to her house that night to give her the food that my mom cooked. She loves mom's cooking so I made sure to bring her some. And when I arrived, she was rushing down the stairs, her hair and shirt were a mess. I asked her about it and she said that she just woke up. So I shrugged it off and we went to their kitchen. There, I saw a pack of cigarette on the counter and I immediately thought it was Ashley's cause she's the only smoker among her friends.

"I'm really sorry, Y/N." She stuttered as I felt myself getting more nervous as each second passes by. "It wasn't Ashley's. It was Jake's."

Of course. It just had to be Jake, my best friend.

I felt the color draining on my face. I should've known.

I should've known.

I woke up to the sound of my phone ringing. Immediately sitting up, I felt my heart ache once again. It's been 5 years yet I'm still being haunted by the memory of that night.