The Only Exception

Grace's  P.O.V

I gripped the steering wheel tightly as I indicated to leave the motorway at the next exit. It was still early therefore Chris Moyles was entertaining me on radio one. My whole family were in the car in front of me, I chose to drive by myself in order to fully prepare myself. As the familiar sights of London came in to view my stomach began to churn, the toast I'd eaten just before leaving the house threatening to come up. My little Vauxhall Corsa followed my dad's Audi into a car park which was already full of people queueing up. I parked up along side my dad and got out of the car, locking it behind me.

"You ready, Gracie?" My dad clapped his hand on my shoulder.

I gave him a small smile. "As ready as I'll ever be."

We walked towards the back of the queue and I kept on looking around for my boyfriend, he was supposed to meet us here. A second later my phone beeped, I opened up the text which was from Dylan.

"Hey babe. I'm soooo sorry but I won't be able to make it today. Good luck and phone me when you know something. xxx"

I scoffed and then shoved the phone back in to my pocket. It was the day of my X Factor audition, I was going to be singing in front of thousands of people yet my boyfriend of two years couldn't be bothered to turn up. It really was the same old story with him. As I turned back to face my family I plastered a big smile on my face but my family knew me too well.

"He's not coming is he?" My big brother, Harry asked.

I shook my head which resulted in Harry rolling his eyes are muttering, ''Dick.'' under his breath. Harry had never particularly liked Dylan, he would always say how awful he treated me. That was only because H only saw the bad parts of him, he could sometimes be the best boyfriend in the world.

After hours upon hours of queueing, I was stood backstage being prepped on what to do by the guy who worked behind the scenes of the X Factor. He informed that I'd be on stage in 15 minutes so my family went to get some coffee in order to give me some alone time. There was nowhere to sit so I sat down on the floor, tugging my high waisted skirt down. My nerves were beginning to get to me and I was feeling dizzy. I cupped my face in my hands and stared down at the floor, trying to control my erratic breathing.

"Um, excuse me, you don't look too good. Are you ok?"

I lifted my head upwards and saw three good looking boys staring back at me. I clumsily got up on to my feet, my cheeks flushed with embarrassment.

"I'm fine, thank you." I smiled polietly at them.

"Okay then, if you're sure?" The boy in a denim shirt asked.

I nodded and smiled at them. Oh my god, they were gorgeous.

"So, are you auditioning then?" Asked the one in the red hoodie.

I smirked at him. "Yep, that would be the reason why I have a big X Factor sticker on my top with a big number on it."

The other two boys laughed. "That's JJ for you, he's a bit slow sometimes."

"It's fine, he reminds me of my brother." I laughed. "So, I'm guessing you guys are a boy band?"

"Yeah. I'm Josh, this is Jaymi and of course, you know JJ. Together we are, Triple J."

"Oh, because your names all start with J right? Clever." I winked at them.

"Did I hear a slight bit of sarcasm there?" Josh asked, a smirk on his face. "Anyway, what's your name then?"

As I was about to answer him, the same X Factor producer came up to us.

"You're on now,Grace. Follow me." He began to walk off before he stopped. "Are you guys Triple J?"