Pokemon Challenge

"Ladies and Gentlemen. Boys and Girls, going up against our champion this year is the one, the only...."

SMII7Y!

I grew up with a select few individuals. It was painfully obvious at a young age what they wanted with their lives, and it was the complete opposite of what I wanted. For myself that is. They all wanted to be professors, you know the ones that study Pokemon. The ones that are nerdy and want to discover the real truth. Not me though, I wanted to be a trainer. The best there was, then He stepped into the spotlight and it became competitive. I was only 14 when I saw him for the first time, and back then, he looked so different. His short, caramel brown hair professionally cut and smoothed to one side. He was a chubby kid, but a hot one to say the least. He lost a lot of weight since then, he looks so different. Ah what am I saying..? I need to stop thinking about the past, all that matters right now... Is this battle. This is the battle that I prove just now good of a trainer I can be. I want to prove to him. That his name... It means nothing to me, neither does his status. He may be the champion of 4 years going strong, but I don't care. I'm a trainer with the best friendship someone with these monsters we call Pokemon. I searched during those 4 years that during which, he grew up mentally and physically, looking for the best team possible. Now I have it. I'm undefeated. I went through this whole challenge with these Pokemon, and I will not give up yet, we have a record. And I have a goal that must be met. 

I walk out onto the platform and prepare myself for what will happen when I step out... I look down at my shiny Victini, Octavia. She looks up and smiles, that bright fiery, fierce, smile. She's always acted like a dog, but she's the smartest Pokemon I've met. She's got standards and I guess I live up to them. The only reason she stays by my side is because I helped her. Humans aren't the best creatures on the planet. 

-Flashback- 

I walked out into the rain, the cold water hit my skin and made me hiss. I came out here to get something, though I forgot what and was about to turn to go back inside when I heard a cry. It sounded horrid, though I could tell immediately what Pokemon it was. Victini... Though it sounded hurt, badly hurt. I ran back out into the freezing rain and followed the cry. I rounded a corner and almost threw up. There sat a shiny Victini, sitting up against a wall, drenched in it's own blood. A few men were walking away from it in the opposite direction. I wanted to hurt them so badly for nearly killing this poor Pokemon. Shiny Victinis are extremely rare, only two of it's kind remain. So why would these men just... Kill it?

I ran up to the poor creature and swooped it up into my arms and ran off, it was losing blood and quick. Since my mother was a nurse, she had a lot of medical equipment and I knew how to use every last bit of it because she trained me for this moment.  Once I got inside, my legs burned, but that was the least of my concerns. I ran into the nursing room in our small home and quickly set to work. 

~Time skip brought to you by a very hurt Victini~

Once I finish, the Shiny Victini practically jumped on me. It cried at me and smiled, I smiled back and picked it up off me, I would later find out it was a she, and took it back to my room to rest. It slept for about an hour before waking up and it never left my side after that and once I got my first poke-ball a month later, she officially became mine. 

Octavia, my own shiny Victini. 

-End Flashback-

I'm brought back to my senses by a gentle tapping at my leg, I look down and see Octavia gently poking me. Once she has my attention, she points at the field ahead of us. She pushes her red and blue glasses up onto her face, reminding me to do the same. I run a hand through my chocolate brown hair, pushing the glasses onto my face, before responding to her.