Elements In a Not So Perfect World

Krii7y (I promise I'll make others besides Krii7y and Switz.)

Summary: In a perfect utopia where everyone is perfect and those who aren't die, Jaren was obviously scared of his new hidden ability and the only person he trusted was his best friend, John.

Jaren woke up in his stupidly perfect room, he hated it. Everything here was too perfect. He looked to the alarm clock next to his bed,

3:45 a.m.

Jaren sighed as he slowly got out of his bed and walked to his bedroom door, slowly creeping out. He decided it's be pointless to wake anyone up or get any food so he grabbed his shoes and headed out the back door, making sure to keep it unlocked. He walked over to his friend John's house, walking up to the back door. As on queue, John opened the back door and stood on the patio. He looked over at Jaren and smiled.

"Can't sleep?" He asked.

"Never can, I'm always thinking about this power.." Jaren spoke, quietly.

"Anyone would be afraid of it, but you don't." John pointed out.

"Well yeah, I'm curious, but I know if those robot weirdo things find out, I'm dead." Jaren states.

John simply nods in agreement and pulls out his vape pen, taking a hit and blowing out a beautiful cloud. Jaren always asks where he got it, but John only replies with, 'I know a guy.' and that's the end of it.

"I still don't know how the hell you got that thing. And yes I know you know a guy, you've said it at least a billion times." Jaren says, smiling at his friend.

John let out a small laugh and continued to vape, they both sat in a comfortable silence until they heard mechanical walking. Both of their eyes widened and John pulled Jaren inside his house and they hid. It was one of the mech beasts that scout at night. See, if anyone was found at night, they died. The higher ups here thought that if someone was up at night, it was a sign of weakness and weakness was not good here. Jaren pushed John off him and walked back outside and to the front yard, seeing the mecanical beast standing tall. It sensed him and turned around.

"You should be inside, valued citizen." The robot spoke.

"In your dreams, death machine." Jaren spat through clenched teeth.

He raised his hand and out came a burst of flames, hitting the mech at such a high velocity that it instantly flew backwards. The mech sputtered and died and as Jaren was going to celebrate, John pulled his back inside.

"What the hell are you doing?!" John whisper yelled.

"I hate this place..." Jaren whispered.

"You're going to get yourself killed!" John yelled.

"Do you- do you have one too?" Jaren asked, loiking up at John who heled a shocked expression.

Jaren could see it in his eyes whenever he was angry, John's eyes just had a spark. A jolt of electricity flew through his eyes and it was noticable if you looked right.

"John..?" Jaren asked.

John started to lightly shake and tears started falling from his eyes, it was clear he hated his power.

"John- I'm so sorry." Jaren apologized.

He squeezed John tightly as he started to cry harder. Jaren moved them over to the couch and they sat down, John sat hunched over looking at his hands as tears fell from his eyes. There was no doubt he hated his powers.

"John... It's nothing to be scared of." Jaren said, reassuring his crying friend.

"It's become more frequent..." John started.