Chapter 2: Hesitation

[Spencer POV]

I wish things had gotten better after our last fight but they didn't. Our attraction to each other was becoming more noticeable each day we spent in the teacher/student role. One session, I would look at Gabby exclusively and the next had me look at every student except her.

Gabby, for her part, did not make it easy on me. Sometimes, before class, she would apply lip-gloss. Those times found me lecturing her after class, letting her know that I didn't like her doing that because it was one of my turn-ons.

After the first time, she did it on purpose. So I took to wearing tight slacks to get back at her for the lip-gloss. It was particularly satisfying to have to redirect her attention back to the lesson rather than how I moved in said slacks.

[Gabby POV]

The bell rang and as I got the materials I needed out, I happened to look up at Spencer. He was wearing form fitting dark grey slacks with a dark blue cardigan, lilac dress shirt and dark blue tie today. I was so shocked that I dropped my Criminology textbook on my foot as Spencer went over some notes. I heard a few of Spencer's groupies, including Rachel, snicker at me wordlessly shaking my foot.

"You okay?" Ruby whispered. I nodded. "Why's Dr. Reid making a bold fashion statement like that?" I honestly had no idea.

[Spencer POV]

I look up at my audience and notice that Gabby isn't taking her usual notes for my class. "Ms. Chambers," I notice Ruby nudging her. She blinks, as if she's been sleeping with her eyes open. Great, she was zoning again. "Can I redirect your attention to the whiteboard and back to writing your notes again, please? I'm guaranteeing you a hundred percent that this will be on your final."

"Yes, sorry, Dr. Reid." Gabby said, writing down what I had on the board and kept writing until the end of class. The minute the classroom was empty, Gabby marched up to me and said, "Why did you wear those slacks?" She snapped.

"Do not apply lip-gloss in my classroom." I said sternly. "I told you what that does to me."

"Well, the whole entire class saw what your tight slacks..." The door opened to admit Derek Morgan and David Rossi and I found it interesting that Gabby clammed up. "See you tomorrow, Dr. Reid." She said and hurried out of the class with a scarlet face.

"Care to tell me why my goddaughter lit out here like her clothes are on fire, Reid and what it had to do with your tight slacks?" Rossi asked. I gulped.

"....She's your goddaughter?!" I asked with alarm in my voice.

"Yes, she is." Rossi said testily.

"She and I may have...been arguing." I admit. Rossi raises an eyebrow at me. "She kept on applying lip-gloss in here when I told her not to, so I wore my tight slacks." Derek tried to bite back laughter.

"Are you two going to be like a couple of toddlers that we need to separate?" Rossi asked. I shook my head. "Good, get it resolved by our next case, Reid."

[Gabby POV]

I can't believe my godfather walked in on us arguing over Spencer's tight slacks! I barely made it to choir. I should have shouldered some of the blame but I haven't spoken to David Rossi for years.

After I was finished with my classes, I went home. I had barely started on my English assignment when a knock sounded on my door. I got up and answered it to find Spencer on my doorstep. "Can we talk?" He asked. I nodded and let him in. "You're right. I can't think of you as just my student." He said after I shut the door. "Am I right in thinking that you can't think of me as just your teacher?"