Chapter 20 - Nomadic love

---Collin’s POV---

Sitting here outside, beside Christina just felt unreal. After telling her everything I knew of her family and she told me everything she had discovered and encountered in her adventures so far, a pleasant silence had fallen over us.

Neither of us felt the need to break it as we simply treasured this moment, knowing that we had found each other and accepted by our mate. I glanced down and smiled at the freckles that caught my attention once more. They weren’t that obvious, only a bit darker than her natural skin tone but it gave her expression an endearing, youthful quality.

Her eyes were closed, hiding the icy blue depths that never felt cold; instead it was always filled with warmth when she looked at me. Trust.  I could feel my leopard glow with pride because that wasn’t an easily achieved feat when it came to Christina.

I wasn’t too sure about what we were going to do though; we were both of Royal blood bit at the same time we felt that Pull of the Nomadic life. So how were we going to do this?

The wind picked up a bit, ruffling our hairs and carrying the soft yellow pollen of the flowers as it passed us. Christina stirred on my lap before she rolled on her back and looked up at me with a soft smile.

“Hey.”

I chuckled softly at her sleepy voice before replying, “Hey. So I’m guessing its time to head back?” She hummed in reply before stretching her limbs, drawing my attention to her lithe muscles

A slight pinch in my arm diverted my attention to the pointed look that Christina gave me before I grinned sheepishly. “I’m your mate, aren’t I allowed to look?” She huffed at that, a small flush gracing her cheek though when I wrapped my hands around her waist when she moved to get up, I caught a glance of the happy grin on her lips.

She caught me by surprise as she shifted in my arms, bopping me playfully on the nose before she darted away and started licking her paw, acting like nothing had happened at all.

“Uhuh, like I’d believe that.” I scoffed, rolling my shoulders before I let my leopard take over. I mentally laughed at the surprised sound that escaped Christina’s muzzle before she turned tails and ran, while I was busy trying to swipe her paws out from under her.

Damn, that girl can run if she wants to! Our cats were having fun though, playfully swatting and tackling the other before running away. At a certain moment Christina’s cat even went as far as hiding in the trees, stalking me like I was prey.

But errr…I did kinda lost control of Liam at one point, where he had managed to tackle Christina and attempted to carry her back to the village like he would to a cub. It was probably because she was a smaller species, therefore prickling our protective instincts even more than usual.

Thankfully he relented after a few feet as I was ranting on him not to do that and that Christina was a grown feline, not a little kit to be treated this way. As soon as he gave up, I softly released my love and gave a few licks on her neck, making sure that my canines had only pierced through fur, not the delicate skin.