Chapter 11

Hi everyone! I hope you enjoy this and give suggestions for other stories (they have to be stranger things related) thank you and enjoy!!

The next day was Will's funeral. Even though you knew he was alive you couldn't help but think he was actually dead. Your mom helped you get ready. She passed you this dress:

When you put it on she helped you with your hair, she curled the ends and but a small black bow on your head like the one on your dress

When you put it on she helped you with your hair, she curled the ends and but a small black bow on your head like the one on your dress. You but on your new converse and headed out to your car, your dad was wearing a black suit and your mom wore a long black dress with heels to match.

At the funeral you and your friends stood in the second row. As you listened to the priests words the funeral started feeling more real to you than it should. You dropped a tear or two as you looked at the coffin before you. You and your friends stated looked around to see who had come to pay their respects to Will, you saw some people form school and others that must be friends of Joyce and Will's father. You despised Will's father with everything you had, he didn't live with Will he lived up in the city. You knew he didn't care about Will and he was probably lying to Joyce as always. "Hey look over there!" Dustin whispered to you all and pointed to a girl about a two meters from you she was crying and holding a white rose, this was a girl you didn't like at all you've read her mind a few times but more than enough to learn that she had a crush on Will. You scowled as you looked at her and changed her emotion to joyful so it would look as if she was being disrespectful. You grinned as you watched her mother whisper into her ear and take her to the back of the crowd. "wait till we tell Will Jeniffer was crying at his funeral-"Dustin fell silent as he saw your face and waited for you to smack him up the back of his head.

After the priest finished his words you walked over to Joyce and hugged her, you wanted to tell her Will was alive but you didn't want to in front of all these people. You also gave a hug to Jonathan who gave you a small smile. You dropped a flower onto Wills casket along with Mike, Dustin and Lucas, you dropped him a red rose and a smiled as you did. After the funeral reception everyone made their way inside, you turned to see Nancy and Jonathan sat together looking at a piece of paper, this didn't bother you so much but you still wondered what they were doing. "Y/n you coming?!" You heard Lucas call, you nodded and ran over to them.

Inside Mike noticed Mr. Clarke helping himself to some cake and water and dragged you all over to him, you all put on your fake sad faces and Mike started to speak.

"Mr. Clarke?"

"Hey there," Mr. Clarke began as Dustin helped himself to some snacks "how are you guys holding up?"

"We're in mourning" Lucas said as Dustin began to shake his head at his snack.

"Man these aren't real vanilla wafers!" Dustin exclaimed, you all turned to him and gave him a sarcastic look.

"We were wondering if you had time to talk?" You asked Mr. Clarke ignoring Dustin.

"We have some questions." Lucas added.

"A lot of questions."

You all sat round a small table and began hitting your questions at Mr. Clarke.

"So you know how in Cosmos Carl Sagan talks about other dimensions? Like beyond our world?" Mike started.

"Yeah sure theoretically." Mr. Clarke replied.

"So theoretically how do we travel there?" Lucas asked.

"You guys have been thinking about Hugh Everett's 'Many-Worlds interpretation' haven't you?" Mr. Clarke replied giving you all a smug and began to explain. "So basically there are parallel universes. Just like our world but just infinite variations of it. Which means there's a world out there where non of this tragic stuff ever happened."

"Yeah thats no what we are talking about." Lucas interrupted.

"We were thinking of more of an evil dimension like the vale of shadows. You know the vale of shadows?" Dustin asked Mr. Clarke.

"An echo of material Plane, where necrotic and shadow magic-" Mr. Clarke replied.

"Yeah exactly." You answer 'if that did exist, a place like the Vale of Shadows, how would we travel there?"

"Theoretically." Lucas adds.

"Well..." Mr. Clarke starts. He picked up a paper plate and took a pen out of his coat and started drawing a diagram on the plate. "Picture a acrobat, standing on a tightrope. Now the tightrope is our dimension. And our dimension has rules. You can move forwards, or backwards. But, what if right next to our acrobat, there is a flea? Now, the flea can also travel back and forth, just like the acrobat. But here's, where things get really interesting. The flea can also travel this way.." Mr. Clarke drew a flea jumping from one tightrope to the other, meaning one dimension to the other "he can go along the side of the rope. He can even go under the rope."

"Upside down" you all say together.

"Exactly" Mr. Clarke continued.

"But we're not the flea we're the acrobat aren't we?" Mike asked.

"In this metaphor, yes. We're the acrobat." Mr. Clarke answered.

"So we cant go upside down?" Lucas asked and Mr. Clarke shook his head.

"Well, is there any way for the acrobat to get to the Upside Down?" Dustin asked , continuing your list of questions.

"Well... you'd have to create a massive amount of energy. More than humans are currently capable of creating, mind you, to open up some kind of tear in time and space, and then." He picked up his paper place and folded it in half. He poked his pen in the middle with a lot of force. "You create a door way"

"Like a gate?" You ask.

"Sure like a gate." He responds "but again this is all-"

"Theoretical.' Lucas says finishing his sentence for him.

"But what if this gate already existed?" Mike asked

"Well if it did I'd think wed know" Mr. Clarke answered "it would disrupt gravity, the magnetic field, our environment. Heck, it might even swallow us up whole. Science is neat. But I'm afraid its not very forgiving." He finished while you all looked at each other you were all thinking the same thing 'how did Will get there?'

Thank you for reading! That was 1135 words! I hope you enjoyed and you can now read the next part!