[AU] Prom Night Part 1

'How do I look?', Emma asked her best friend, Cristina.

Emma had just put on a off-shoulder dark blue dress, ready for her first prom.

'You look fabulous Emma!!', Cristina gushed, giving very exaggerated moves that made Emma laugh hysterically.

'Okay then, let's goo!!', Emma pulled her best friend along, who was already dressed in a stunning mustard yellow dress.

They bid Emma's parents goodbye and stood in front of her house, waiting for Emma's prom date to drive and pick them up.

-time skip that could be because I'm too lazy to give details lol-

Reaching school, Emma got off the car, hand in hand with her prom date, and bid Cristina goodbye as she went to find her date, Perfect Diego.

'Emma you look absolutely breathtaking today...', Emma's prom date said.

'mmh I know, don't I always?', Emma said sarcastically, flipping her hair playfully to reiterate her point.

Her prom date chuckled, his smooth dark chuckle that Emma once adored.

Emma was going to prom with Mark, her crush of 3 years in highschool. She finally got him to notice her this year but once she got to know him better, her feelings from watching him from a distance had faded away gradually.

She wasn't quite sure why, but she couldn't help but wish that she was with Julian.

Julian is Mark's brother and Emma's best boy friend. He was the reason she was able to meet Mark and the whole reason why she had a crush on Mark-- who she sees Mark everyday because they go to his house to study.

Julian knows that Emma fancies his brother and hence set them up one day when they were playing truth or dare. Emma was really grateful to Julian, but now, she doesn't know what to feel anymore.

Though she was not dating Mark officially, they had been together often nowadays and she felt like it was her duty not to break it to mark that she didn't like him anymore too because he was julian's brother and emma wouldn't do anything to hurt the Blackthorns. But at the same time, she felt a sense of loss and awkwardness everytime she was with Mark.

Shoving her thoughts to the back of her brain, Emma collected herself as they reached the school hall, decorated with balloons and confetti.

Letting go of Mark, she greeted all her friends cheerfully and grabbed herself a fruit punch before settling down with her classmates to talk about random meaningless stuff.

Some people were already dancing and emma searched for Mark, only to see that he was already talking animatedly with his other girl friends, who were completely in love with him but he completely didn't know.

Mark is handsome alright. He isn't just handsome, he is charming and so beautiful that even a girl couldn't have compared with him. He looks nothing like his brother, Julian, who doesn't get as much attention, but, in Emma's opinion, had a sort of quiet and calming aura around him that sucks you in and want to stick with him.

'pSss Emma, Jessica just asked you a question.', her friend next to her brought her back to reality.

'oh um.. What?'

Jessica leaned forward to whisper into her ear, 'You know Julian? I heard he is coming with Faye!'

'Faye? I thought she didn't like him at all... I mean he asked her out once and she refused...', Emma questioned.

Jessica shrugged her shoulders, 'I have no idea honestly but damn.. good for him.'

Emma laughed at her friend. Jessica always had a crush on Faye, even though Faye always made fun of her 'liking girls' and said plenty of mean things, Jessica still liked her.

Emma thought to herself.. I guess thats what we all us.. Weak for a pretty face.

She thought about Mark again and sighed.

'Emma.. Whats on your mind? You seem very troubled today.', Jessica asked, concerned.

'nothing.. I just need the bathroom give me a moment.'

Emma walked towards the bathroom and heard her name being called by a very familiar voice.

She whipped her head around to find julian blackthorn standing together with Faye.

He waved at her cheerily but she didn't wave back.

She just walked away swiftly.

Emma thought to herself, 'what is wrong with me!?'