Chapter 5: Remind Me (Forth/Beam)

Beam is naked in Forth's arms, in Forth's bed, which typically would lead to sex—either because Forth is an insatiable horndog (so says Beam) or because Beam is irresistible (so says Forth). But today they're both quiet and distracted by the situation with Ming. So instead of athletic sex there's been cuddling and dozing between desultory makeout sessions, both men lost in their own thoughts but reassured by each other's warm presence.

Beam has almost dozed off again when Forth speaks up.

"Do you ever wish we'd started off differently?" he asks.

"Hm?" Puzzled, Beam raises his head from Forth's shoulder to look into his eyes. "How do you mean?"

"Not a drunken fuck."

"Baby..." Beam props himself up on one elbow to stroke Forth's hair back from his forehead. "No. I don't regret that. I only wish I hadn't treated you the way I did the morning after. I was an asshole."

"A sore asshole," Forth says with a smirk, because even in a rare serious moment like this he's still Forth.

Beam smacks the top of his head and then promptly softens the blow by following it with a kiss. "What's got you on this train of thought? Embarrassed to think of the Beamlings and Forthlets asking how Daddy and Papa fell in love?"

Forth raises an eyebrow. "I'm Daddy, right?"

"Obviously."

Forth's smile somehow manages to be both sweet and lewd, but when it fades Beam sees something genuinely serious in his eyes. "I just wondered," he said, "because of Ming. Some people would say I took advantage of you that night. You were falling-down drunk when I took you to that bedroom, Beam."

"With absolutely no intention of fucking me," Beam reminds him. "You were just a friend taking care of his buddy. I'm the one who initiated the rest."

"Still. You were a lot drunker than me and I knew it."

"Forth." Beam shifts position, pushing Forth onto his back and straddling his hips, hands flat on Forth's pecs. "Baby. We were both drunk as a couple of sailors on shore leave after a month at sea. Either both of us are to blame, or neither."

Forth gazes up at him, still with that unaccustomed solemnity. "You really think so?"

"I really do. Sure, I started out a couple drinks ahead of you, but I wasn't a lot more impaired by the end of the night—just sleepier. You've been drinking with me enough by now to know how it knocks me off my feet. You're a horny drunk, I'm a drowsy one."

"True." A smile tugs at the corners of Forth's mouth. "That's why I cut you off as soon as you start to yawn. I'd never get laid after a night out otherwise."

"I'm serious, though. Don't you remember what a gentleman you were? Even drunk as a skunk yourself, your first instinct was to take care of me. You tucked me in, for godsakes. Without putting your hands anywhere you shouldn't or taking off my clothes or making excuses to climb into bed with me. If I hadn't called you back, you would've just let me sleep it off."

"Yes," Forth agrees. He brings up one big hand to cup Beam's cheek. "I would have. I meant to. But you seemed like you needed to talk."

"And you didn't take advantage of that either," Beam reminds him. "You listened to me like a friend and hugged me like a brother."

"I didn't kiss you like a brother." Forth's thumb strokes across Beam's lips.

"I kissed you first, love," Beam murmurs, leaning down to match action to words. It's not the tentative, curious kiss of that night but he feels the memory resonate between them.

"And I kissed you second," Forth replies huskily. He too accompanies the words with the deed, pulling Beam into another, deeper kiss that ends only when Beam—unable to resist—bites his lower lip hard. "Ow! No need to do a complete reenactment, wifey."

Beam moves his hips deliberately against Forth's, savoring the growing heat and hardness between them. "Not an exact one anyway," he agrees. "We should definitely use lube this time."

Forth rolls them over to trap Beam beneath him, pinning him to the mattress. "I was afraid you blamed me afterwards," he confesses into Beam's ear. "For wanting you too much to stop."

"I didn't want to stop either." Beam wraps his legs around Forth as they rut against one another, chasing the delicious friction of groin against groin. "I wanted you, Forth, like I'd never wanted anyone in my life. Remember how I moaned for you? Remember how I begged?"

"God yeah." Forth's mouth is on his throat then, finding the precise spot that drives Beam so wild. "Beg me again."

In answer, Beam clenches a fist in Forth's hair and tightens the grip of his powerful thighs around Forth's hips. He may not recall the precise words he used that night but he remembers exactly what he wanted.

"Have me," he pleads. "Take me hard, love. I need it. I need you."

Forth makes a wordless moan of agreement and reaches out a long arm for the supplies in the nightstand drawer.

~

Two energetic rounds later—switching in between, as they often do—Beam is thoroughly exhausted and pleasurably sore in all the right places. He's using Forth's shoulder as a pillow again and close to drifting off when a stray thought makes him snicker.

"Forth," he says, "we could just lie to the kids."

He feels the vibration through Forth's body as his lover chuckles. "Sure," he murmurs. "Beamlings, Papa was a virgin till Daddy married him. That's our story and we're sticking to it."

"But Daddy, Uncle Yo says you were both giant man-whores before you met."

"Uncle Yo is a shocking liar, Forth Junior. Never believe a word he says. I fell in love with your Papa's sweet gentle soul, not his delectable plush lips that looked so perfect around my cock. Isn't that right, Papa?"

"Absolutely true, children! And I fell in love with your Daddy's caring and loyal nature, not his supernatural instinct for finding my prostate with his giant dick and banging it till I scream. Now go watch television, little ones, because Daddy and Papa are very, very tired and need a long nap."

"Remember to turn up the volume real loud, kids. Daddy snores."

The bed is shaking again, but this time with their laughter. Beam has to wipe his eyes by the time it subsides. He curls himself warmly around Forth and tugs the bedspread up to cover them both.

"I love you, Forth."

"Love you too."