Author's Note

Hello!

Thank you for reading The Key to Anchor Lake! It's been one crazy journey - after spending two weeks planning the book, I then took 27 days to write 54 chapters, and for the most part, I stuck to the plan.

Right up until chapter 53, actually.

Fun fact: originally, Blaire was supposed to die.

But you know what? That didn't feel right. It just didn't sit well with me. In the original plan, Blaire died after Jacob's attack; Sukie's podcast was recorded after she had her baby, and Elizabeth survived the plane crash after trying to flee Anchor Lake at long last.

Maybe some of you would have preferred that, I don't know. But I found I couldn't do it. I couldn't kill Blaire, not after everything she'd been through and her newfound love with Sukie. And, also, when I started writing, I didn't think you guys would like Blaire as much as you did. (I also really didn't expect you to like Oli as much as you did, so I'm sorry about how he turned out!)

As for the ending, I wanted to end with a punch.

Sorry, Elizabeth. I'll really miss you. You were so fun to write. Jacob, rot in hell.

I was originally going to write a sequel and several chapters were posted at one point, but it wasn't working out so I decided to remove it and leave this book as a standalone.

- Lydia