Chapter 4: Ambush

The adventurer was really talking about their payment at the end of the quest rather than surviving. Clover thought to himself that this was very typical of an adventure. Clover and the rest of Midnight Flurry gather up into their group and get into a defensive formation.

Tarvin and Reese being the more supportive roles stayed near the back of the defensive line that was facing the attacking force and provided firing support. Kayone and the rest of the crew decided vanguard while Clover is maintaining support for both sides whenever he can. This was the strategy that Kayone drew up during the briefing last night.

It was relatively dark this night and the only light that was illuminating the darkness and Clover's current foes are that from torches and arrows brimming with flame. One of the first advantageous steps that must unfortunately be casted is illumination magic. Like instinct, Leon casted a ball of light that was launched into the air like a flare that illuminated the immediate area surrounding the bandits and adventurers.

Both sides are able to see each other as if sunlight was being cast onto them during the day. The bandits looked as if they were ready to fight a small force clad with specialized light leather armor able to run at a moment's notice.

Considering the goals of the bandits was to loot and pillage to their pleasure, and to capture women, the strategy at the moment was to kill all the male adventurers and to capture the loot and females. The adventurers in general weren't about to let that happen.

Most of the adventures in the caravan after gaining illumination of the bandits who were going to attack got into their own formations based on their own team compositions. Having this the tanks got ready in the front whilst, the mages in the backline started chanting basic area of attack spells.

"It seems the bandits have tricks up there sleeve." [Clover]

"What do you mean Clover?" [Kayone]

"They have mages of their own, and tamed beasts?" [Clover]

"If that's true then this defense just became more difficult." [Kayone]

The entire premise of this battle was not to lose anyone on Clover's side. Since it was still the beginning of the journey, they didn't want to lose any of their defensive force more than enough for the rest of the trip.

The entire defending group knew that losing one person would forfeit the defense of the caravan a great amount considering this was a very important travel request from a prestigious client.

"Clover, I assigned you to the defense of the backline and support of the frontline, you know what to do if we are both in danger." [Kayone]

Tarvin and Leon were busy chanting in the backline their own spells, and since Leon was one of the only two Clerics in the whole caravan, he was especially important. Leon after a few mins, casted a supporting buff towards the caravan to increase the regenerative ability in stamina and if they were to get hurt.

"This should help." [Leon]

After the spell activated, a vast amount of small balls of light started to rise from the ground up around the caravan and gathered towards the adventurers of the caravan.

"Thanks Leon!" [Bailey]

Bailey got her bastard sword on the front line and as the bandits drew closer she swung her sword horizontally cutting 2 men in half ignoring their armor. There were 3 men she was aiming at, but the 3rd one managed to parry her bastard sword at the last moment which rendered him stunned for a few seconds.

Those few seconds were crucial towards the bandit, but it was all too late, Bailey, swung her sword down onto his head, completely caving it in. After which, another bandit tried to swing at Bailey, but was blocked by Kayone's castle shield. The swords bounce off the shield and Kayone lunges towards the bandit at a high speed launching back into his allies sword killing him.