Chapter Two

I take my shirt off as I run reveling my black one piece bathing suit that I gladly put on this morning just in case I wanted to go for a swim.

I guickly take off my jean shorts and grab the board.

I pick it up, heavier then I thought it was but I keep hold of it.

I run in the water keeping my knees high to keep my speed, I put the board on the water and jump on it. Digging my arms in the water paddling as fast as my arms can take me. I keep my eye on the boy.

I crash through a wave and the boys head isn't above water anyone only his hand sticking out. "Hang in their!"

I lean back on the board to low down and I grab the boys hand pulling him out of the water and putting him half on the board.

"You alright?" I ask

He coughs, "I am now.."

"Good come up onto the board. Belly down." I tell him patting on the board he nods getting onto the board.

"What's your name?"

"Devan."

"Okay Devan did you swollow any water?" I ask as I start paddling.

"No."

"Okay that's good." But he coughs again. Hm.

I look behind to see a small waving looming and I start to paddle faster. "Hold on." I tell the boy.

The wave picks us up and leads us straight to shore. I hop of the board and pick him up off the board and put him down. I grab the board and bring it back to its stand.

The boy wheezes and I turn around, "You alright?" I ask

"I-need-my-inhaler." He tells me sitting down.

My eyes widen, "Okay where is it."

"My bag.." He breaths

I look around to see no mom or dad running towards us. "Did you come alone?" I ask not letting panic fill my voice as it will only make him panic more.

"Y-es" The eleven years old tells me.

"Shit. Okay I'm going to carry you to the tower." I sweep him into my arms braidal style and run to one of the buggies.

I quickly put him in and run around to the drivers seat to see that the keys are still in the ignition. "Oh thank the lord." I start the buggie, "Hold on." I drive it to the tower as fast as humanly possible. I look and see that his eyes are closing a bit. "Stay with me Devan! We're almost there!" I tell him looking ahead.

Skid to a stop and jump out quickly running around and pick him up.

I run up the stairs, "What hap—" I cut Maxi off

"He needs an inhaler!" I shout, "Where are the inhalers!" I ask slightly panicking and sitting him on the medical bed.

Maxi quickly gets up and runs to one of the shelf's he grabs one, "Here." He gives me it along with an mouth attachment.

"Thank you," I quickly up the mask onto it and put it on his mouth. "Take a deep breath I tell the boy he nods his eyes closing a bit I and press down on the inhaler and he take a deep breath and holds it.

And he breathes out having a little trouble but better then before.

I wait a minute before giving him another, he holds it and breathes out.

"Are you feeling better?" I ask. He nods, "Do you feel like you need another puff?"

He shakes his head, "No. I think I'm good." He tells me.

"Okay." I take the mask off, "You take a minute to breathe okay." I tell him glad to see that he's better.

He nods, "Thank you for saving me." He tells me

I smile, "No problem." I pat his back and turn to put the mask in the disinfect I spotted on the way in. And Hoppo is standing in front of me. I jump. "Jeez you scared me. I didn't even know you were in here."

"I was here for the whole thing. Nice work. I hope to see you win tomorrow."

I blush a little excited that he saw, "Thanks." He nods and heads out the door.

Jesse jogs into the door, "What happen!? Is he alright?" Jesse asks

I assume the paramedics took care of the man.

"See for yourself." I tell him stepping aside.

"Oh good job sis," He tells me slapping my back.

"Thanks." I smile putting the rubber mask in the solution and turning back to the boy, "Now, what were you doing alone of the beach?" I ask

"Wanted to go to the beach but they didn't let me because they had to go to work and they said the beach was going to close in an hour.....so I went without them."

I sigh, "Well then."

"A-Are you going to call my parents?" He asks worried.

I sigh, "I guess I won't."

"Oh thank you so much!" He shouts excitingly

"But don't come to the beach alone again okay? I don't want that to happen again. If I hadn't heard you, you would been at the bottom and your parents would be heartbroken." I know it's a little harsh to tell a eleven year old but the kid's gotta learn some how.

He hops off the medical bed, "Yes ma'am."

"Now go home, where's going to close the beach soon." I tell him waving my hand a little.

"Thanks again for saving me!" He shouts going down the stairs of the tower.

I sigh a breath of relief feeling like I was holding my breath the whole time this situation was going on. I walk up the stairs.

"Well you sure know how to give a speech." Jesse says as he follows me.

"You just saved that kid from an aurse whoppin' as well as let him see the day of light again." Maxi tells me.

"What can I say, I live for this job." I smile as I plop into the time out seat.

He chuckles lightly, "You sure do."

Author's Note
I hope you guys are enjoying the book so far don't forget to vote!⭐️