Chapter Three

~

"Do you want to hangout with us? We're going to a party." I ask Maxi as Jesse and him push the trailer with the signs and flags in the tunnel. Then Jesse slides the door down and locks it.

"Yeah we're going to a party with some mates want to come?" Jesse asks

"Uh sure. I don't have any plans"

"Great!" I smile, "It'll be fun!" I beam hooking my arm in his and my brother's. "Let's go!" I skip excited, I love parties. Not because of the grogs (Booze) and getting pissed (drunk) more for meeting more people in the bundle and just hanging out in my favourite spot of the beach, plus I couldn't drink tonight I had a Trainee Test tomorrow which means I won't be staying up until the sun rises.

~

First we grab something quick to eat at McDonald's that's right by the beach before leaving to get to our beach.

When we get to Maroubra, and stop at a small beach, Jesse driving and Maxi in the front and me in the back, we head into the beach where a boom fire was being lit at the moment we stepped on the beach.

"Is this Legal?" Maxi asks

I laugh, "Yes, the guy who owns this beach is the guy who's lighting it." I tell him pointing at Daren one of the members of the Bra Boys.

The people around it cheer, "Yew!" A couple of them shout.

"Oh okay." I see him let out a breath he's been holding. "Never been o a beach party before."

"Well it's loads of fun, just don't be one of those guys who starts a fight for no apparent reason or purpose. K?" I smile patting his back.

"Their all friendlies to new people so don't worry." Jesse reassures him.

"Oh okay."

Jesse slaps my arm behind Maxi's back and gives me a look saying 'stop saying stuff that hardly happens.' "Ow! Okay." I whisper frowning.

"Well those hardly happen anyways." Jesse chuckles giving me a look again.

"What?"  I mouth then roll my eyes.

I watch as some guys run into the water surfing a couple of waves before the sun fully sets.

"Hey Tim mate!" Jesse calls he looks back at us, "Be back in a few minutes."

"Okay." I smile

Someone turns the music on and turns it to the max. Upbeat rap plays through.

"So what do you want to do?" Maxi shouts but the music is to loud as we are closer to the boom fire.

"Pardon me!" I shout putting my ear closer to him to hear.

"What do you want to do?" He asks again this time I hear him.

"Oh I don't know. You want to grab a drink or something and hangout somewhere a little quieter?" I shout a little as Maxi leans in to hear me.

He pulls his head away getting the message, "Yeah sure sounds like a great idea!"

We go over to the table that has been set up on the beach and I grab a water bottle while Maxi takes a beer from the ice box and opens it taking a sip.

"Follow me!" I shout and he nods.

I walk to my favourite spot of the beach far enough from the music that it's in the distance loud not but not loud enough for that you can't here yourself think or other so talk to you. I hike up the small hill.