Chapter 12

"Thank you, everyone," Bruno nodded in our direction, "for coming here on such short notice."

"No sweat no sweat!!" I waved it off cheerfully, making him frown. I was in my specially-made rubber duck pajama while holding a cup of thick hot chocolate in my hands. The very epitome of comfort. Bruno clearly wants to tell me off for not acting like royalty but meh. Who cares? Clearly the other three don't. In fact, they are staring at my pajama with clear interests.

Licht yawned loudly, "What do you want you for at this hour, Brunie? I wanna go back to bed and get my beauty sleep!"

"Licht! There must be something important going on if dearest brother Bruno is calling us out at this hour! Right, dearest brother Bruno?!" Leonhard excitedly turned around to face the brunette.

I already knew what this meeting was about. According to the notes I took about a decade ago, this is when these four are staging a welcoming party for Heine. It was just a usual welcoming party in the manga ending with Heine appreciating and denouncing his presence in the palace. Yes, it was just a typical party.

...but now that I am here, I cannot let that slide, now can I?

"The purpose of my gathering everyone here tonight is simple! We must welcome our grand Mas—I mean, Professor Heine, to Weisburg Palace properly!" He finished it off with a loud slam on the table, shaking my plate of strawberries, "We have been incredibly rude to Ma—Professor Heine with that prank earlier and we must find some way to make it up to him. A grandiose welcome party is an absolute necessity to properly convey our feelings of deep regret to Ma—Professor Heine!"

"Brunie..." Licht awkwardly rubbed the back of his head, "We don't mind you calling sensei 'Master', you know. Go all out if you want?"

"Really?" Bruno's eyes positively sparkled, before reeling back and coughing into his hand, "I-I mean that's great. It's great that you don't mind. Yeah. That. It's great."

"But dearest brother Bruno!" Leonhard whined, "I don't feel sorry for what we did to that jerk! We could've done worse to him and why should we throw a party for that guy anyway?!"

"Yeah, that prank was fun, but severely lacking," I commented, leaning back onto the royal sofa, "if it were me, I would have a bright pink paint bomb and glitter bomb on top of where he was supposed to kneel and after Leonhard did his part I'd let go of the string to spill both out. But judging from what I've seen so far he probably could've dodged."

"You were watching us?! Oh mi gosh that was so embarrassing!!"

Bruno admonished, "Edward! How could you do such a cruel thing to Master!"

"Hey, in my defense!" I held my hands up playfully, "I was wrong. Sludge and milk would be a better combination."

"Eww." Licht's face contorted in disgust, "What if it splashes on to us too?! And where did you come up with this disgusting combination!"

"Anyway," Bruno coughed, getting Kai's attention; he had been ignoring us this whole time and played around with Shadow the dog, "Let's get back to planning the party. Since each of our lessons with Master is done separately, that person will do his best to distract Master for the other three to plan the party behind his back. In the afternoon, he will presumably stay in his room to grade our work so we will have a maid to keep an eye on him. This has to remain a surprise at all costs!"

"That doesn't sound half bad actually," Licht hummed, "A girlfriend of mine who works at a famous restaurant's dropping by tomorrow. I can supervise the party's layout, too. We'd better make it small; I don't think sensei's the type to like large, overcrowded parties."