Chapter Eight

MAY

"Due to the other art teacher quitting, we will be combining her class with ours, so try and make some space for the class" the teacher looked frustrated as she shook her head. Opening the door, the other art class came piling into our room, and I was glad to see that it was people from my grade level. I was annoyed having to be in a class filled with underclassmen I didn't know. "Alfred, I forgot you were in this class" I heard someone say. I looked back to see kiku walking towards the open seat beside me.

"Oh, hello" I smiled. Once he sat down we just stared at each other for a bit. I even felt how big my smile was looking at him. Maybe I should say something to him? I've known him for awhile now and I still can't manage to say anything to him when I get like this. When I get so star struck looking at him. "The weather.....it's pretty great, windy I think" I started. "Yes! I like wind" he laughed. "Right! Me too! Isn't it great?" I laughed "it is"

"So , we are graduating in a few more weeks, I don't know if I've asked this before, but is there anything specific you've always wanted to do before you graduate?" I asked looking at him. "Me neither, but I have no idea anymore. I guess...I have an idea, but it is really silly" he laughed. "So what college or university have you decided to go to?" I asked. "Incarnate, you?" He asked. I suddenly jumped with joy as I looked at him "seriously? Me too! Hey we should be roommates" I smiled. He looked at me with a small smile and nodded "sure, that could be fun"

"I'm sure we can figure out the details later this week so we can get everything set up" I smiled. "So about the summer, what you invited me to, my brother said that will be okay...for me to go with your family, just as long as he talks to your dads first, get their contact information, meet with them in person and has all the details on what exactly we will be doing" My jaw nearly dropped listening to the demands in order for him to go with us, it was insane. "Oh for sure, I will let my dads know" I smiled

"I am really excited tho, we go in another four weeks I think, that is fun" he laughed. As we were given the sheets for our drawings , kiku and I kept talking about the small trip to the cabin and all the things we were going to be able to do. "I don't think I have ever ask you this....but have you ever dated anyone before?" I asked curiously. It was an innocent question that I was genuinely curious about. "Wow that was random..."

"Oh you don't have to answer if you don't feel comfortable with it" I smiled sweetly. "No, I just wasn't expecting it, well I haven't, being the number one student took a lot of time to keep. My brother is very strict on that stuff and really just wants me to have a bright future, one that wasn't available for him. He had to drop out and take care of my siblings and I , so I can see why he has so many high expectations."

My face grew soft as I looked at him with a smile. "I'm sure he will be proud of you even if you had a significant other around" I smiled. "It is very amazing of you , to keep your spot with such stressful expectations, I don't deserve to be second with how little effort I put in my studies. You truly deserve the number one spot, and at graduation when I hear your speech, I know for a fact that you will be truly inspiring for the rest of the class to hear" I smiled.

His eyes widened a lot as he looked at me, as he soon looked away embarrassed. He was so cute and innocent, I was really falling hard. "Oh....thank you so much. I think your speech will be amazing too. You truly have a good heart and are genuinely the only person who really wants to get to know me. Most people want to use me for answers, but you don't care about anything besides getting to know who I am." He said quietly.

"Of course, that's all I want to see. Only you, you are the only thing I'll see, forever. In my eyes in my words and in everything I do , nothing else but you, ever. " I said feeling a deep contentment in my stomach. He looked at me completely shocked as he slowly turned away from me. Fuck it!!! I'm going for it. "Do you want to go on a date?" I asked seriously. His head shot to me quickly as his jaw dropped.

"Are you serious-."
"Completely"
"What?"
"I've been wanting to ask"
"But-."
"I was going to wait but I don't think I can anymore"
"I-."
I looked at him seriously and his face was red and looked confused to what to say. "Don't stress yourself about it, I was just wondering if maybe you would want to, but I guess I got mixed signals-."

"Yes, I'll go" my head shot over to him and I wanted to jump out of my seat. "Seriously?" I asked shocked. "Completely, in fact , lets go tomorrow night" he said seriously. Whoa, that was fast. "Okay that sounds good" I smiled. However, I wanted to jump all about and scream so loud that everyone would be able to hear. This has never really happened to me before, I've never officially asked anyone out, and I just went for it. I can't believe I actually did that!!! I could not wait to tell Mattie when I got home. It was going to be an official date.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
THANKS FOR READING SO FAR 💖